New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the Fast Lane | 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS AT
    Words by Charlie Cruz | Photos by Christopher Kho

The moniker “Elantra” should be familiar to most of us these days. You probably first heard of it in the mid 90’s, saw the car, then forgot about it. After a few years on sale, it slowly faded away. It has now risen from the shadows after a long hiatus, reborn as the all-new 2011 Hyundai Elantra - a new breed of car that surpasses all my expectations and offers more… loads more.

Having the car on a busy weekend, judging a car show in Manila on a Friday, organizing a drag race at the Clark International Speedway on Saturday, and attending a private corporate event in Batangas the very next day, I was sure that my itinerary would test the Elantra’s city and highway dynamics, as well as its practicality. Plus, it was a good chance for me to find out basically what it would be like to own one.....

LINK FOR MORE: In the Fast Lane | 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS AT
    SOURCE: In the Fast Lane | 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS AT

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    sir im planning to buy hyundai elantra.i just want to know if there's no problem and issues about elantra tnx.=)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Elantra Club Philippines masasagot mo un tanong mo jan... wla naman issues so far un car and hopefully wala nga... normal na naman ngayon car problems and the most recent eh un recall sa honda crv.... a japanese brand... pro tingin ko naman di naman basta2 sayangin ng hyundai pagkapanalo ng elantra as car of the year with some car problems... you can ask a test drive para mas masubukan mo sya...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan wall View Post
    sir im planning to buy hyundai elantra.i just want to know if there's no problem and issues about elantra tnx.=)
    GLS 1.8, Almost 1 year na, so far no problem and major issue experienced.
    Mahirap lang sumakay if you are 5'9" or taller. Parati ako nauuntog.
    Manual ang seat adjustment.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Very big issue: Matagal ang antayan para sa 1.8 GLS.