New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    An appeal to all HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 OWNERS

If you have noticed a KNOCKING SOUND on your vehicle, possibly when changing shifts or when releasing the clutch after shifting gears, or If you have noticed your RPM (servo) FLUCTUATING when in idle, sometimes would even make the car vibrate, or if you start your engine in the morning and the engine literally sounds like a diesel engine, then you might want to read through.

We purchased our 2012 HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.4 M/T May 5, 2012 from Hyundai Global City. A few months later, we can hear knocking sound when shifting gears, thinking it might have been just a mis-shift or anything like that. But the noise is increasing and it also happens even if we’re not shifting gears so we thought that it’s a different thing. The RPM also starts to fluctuate. So we brought the vehicle to Hyundai Balintawak on Nov. 5, 2012 (the 6th month of our car) for the PMS and to also check on the knocking sound of the vehicle and the fluctuating RPM.

The service representatve told me they need to UPGRADE the ECU and then further monitor the vehicle. Since the dealership nearest our current residence is Hyundai Global City, I then brought the vehicle to Hyundai Global City to have the vehicle checked.

They UPGRADED the ECU and did further checks with the car. We’re on the dealership literally every week for the series of tests that they were doing. They then invited HARI mechanics for the final tests prior to the ECU being replaced. To out dismay, HARI MECHANICS came up with the conclusion: “ALL TESTS NORMAL”. YES, the knocking sound decreased but my RPM is still fluctuating this time literally every three seconds. I tried to argue to one of the service reps prior to taking the vehicle home but I was advised it’s just because of the air-conditioning on automatic mode. (REALLY? EVERY THREE SECONDS?)

I first logged a complaint to HARI and they eventually changed the ECU. To our surprise, the KNOCKING WORSEN.

Meaning to say, THEY ARE UPGRADING THE ECU TO HIDE THE PROBLEM. THEY’RE CHEATING

Upgrading has never been synonymous to REPAIR and they are intentionally doing that to conceal the problem.

I have logged a complaint with DTI against HARI and against HYUNDAI GLOBAL CITY. For those who are experiencing the same problem, you can contact me:

ken_ramchand*yahoo.com.ph

WE SHOULD NOT LET HYUNDAI GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT’S ILLEGAL AND WE AS CONSUMER HAVE OUR RIGHTS. IT’S ABOUT TIME WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE AND TO GET WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    until now? same problem? i thought this was resolved already? hmmmm. ilan pa kayang new owners ang may ganitong problem? pero yung aircon, nangyayari din sa vios ko yun, pag nasa minimum setting ako in the morning, on and off yung compressor, so i just adjust dial ng temp clockwise, ok na ulit.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncar View Post

If you have noticed a KNOCKING SOUND on your vehicle, possibly when changing shifts or when releasing the clutch after shifting gears, or If you have noticed your RPM (servo) FLUCTUATING when in idle, sometimes would even make the car vibrate, or if you start your engine in the morning and the engine literally sounds like a diesel engine, then you might want to read through.

We purchased our 2012 HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.4 M/T May 5, 2012 from Hyundai Global City. A few months later, we can hear knocking sound when shifting gears, thinking it might have been just a mis-shift or anything like that. But the noise is increasing and it also happens even if we’re not shifting gears so we thought that it’s a different thing. The RPM also starts to fluctuate. So we brought the vehicle to Hyundai Balintawak on Nov. 5, 2012 (the 6th month of our car) for the PMS and to also check on the knocking sound of the vehicle and the fluctuating RPM.

The service representatve told me they need to UPGRADE the ECU and then further monitor the vehicle. Since the dealership nearest our current residence is Hyundai Global City, I then brought the vehicle to Hyundai Global City to have the vehicle checked.

They UPGRADED the ECU and did further checks with the car. We’re on the dealership literally every week for the series of tests that they were doing. They then invited HARI mechanics for the final tests prior to the ECU being replaced. To out dismay, HARI MECHANICS came up with the conclusion: “ALL TESTS NORMAL”. YES, the knocking sound decreased but my RPM is still fluctuating this time literally every three seconds. I tried to argue to one of the service reps prior to taking the vehicle home but I was advised it’s just because of the air-conditioning on automatic mode. (REALLY? EVERY THREE SECONDS?)

I first logged a complaint to HARI and they eventually changed the ECU. To our surprise, the KNOCKING WORSEN.

Meaning to say, THEY ARE UPGRADING THE ECU TO HIDE THE PROBLEM. THEY’RE CHEATING

Upgrading has never been synonymous to REPAIR and they are intentionally doing that to conceal the problem.

I have logged a complaint with DTI against HARI and against HYUNDAI GLOBAL CITY. For those who are experiencing the same problem, you can contact me:

WE SHOULD NOT LET HYUNDAI GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT’S ILLEGAL AND WE AS CONSUMER HAVE OUR RIGHTS. IT’S ABOUT TIME WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE AND TO GET WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.
    Dito sir maybe this can help us tsikoteers understand whats really happening underneath your engine. Its kinda technical pero maiintindihan naman.

Gone viral: Hyundai engine knocking sound- AutoIndustriya Talkboard

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncar View Post

A well-designed computer managed engine adjusts its timing and other variables to just below settings that produce knocking. So if a low octane gasoline is used, the computer adjusts accordingly and the engine produces lower power. But all this time there should be no knocking.

My sympathy to our friend who bought a seemingly lemon unit. There should be an anti-lemon law to protect people like him who spend a fortune to buy a car only to find out that the car is a lemon. In the absence of this law, better to stick to tried and tested units.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitulo View Post
    A well-designed computer managed engine adjusts its timing and other variables to just below settings that produce knocking. So if a low octane gasoline is used, the computer adjusts accordingly and the engine produces lower power. But all this time there should be no knocking.

My sympathy to our friend who bought a seemingly lemon unit. There should be an anti-lemon law to protect people like him who spend a fortune to buy a car only to find out that the car is a lemon. In the absence of this law, better to stick to tried and tested units.
    Well actually tama ka the lemon car law should be passed para may protection mga bumibili ng kotse.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ito ung nangyari kay sir bratsky ah and If I remember correctly that ECU replacement or upgrade did solve the knocking issue. bakit bumalik na naman itong issue?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by njgarin View Post
    Well actually tama ka the lemon car law should be passed para may protection mga bumibili ng kotse.
    Malabo, pagkakaperahan lang interest ng mga law makers natin. Kita nyo resulta ng Sin Tax, ang liit ng patong. Parang ginamit lang ng law makers yung batas para huthutan ang mga gumagawa ng yosi na lakihan ang suhol ng mga lobbyists.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    kawawa mga victims ng lemon car pabalik balik sa casa, abutin pa ng months or minsan taon pa.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ito ung nangyari kay sir bratsky ah and If I remember correctly that ECU replacement or upgrade did solve the knocking issue. bakit bumalik na naman itong issue?
    Yeah it did, but the car gulps fuel like crazy! Heard it was only averaging 4-5km/L as per bratski, and it is nowhere near acceptable for a 1.4L

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    parang nakakatakot tuloy bumili ng hyundai na...lalot pinaghirapan yun pinambili... worst brand new pa sira agad

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast