New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_8623 View Post
    sir, alin ba ang cvvt sytem ng engine natin? ung valves ba un?
    The one that controls the opening and closing of valves.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mole View Post
    Hi, did they replace the whole engine with gdi? tia
    Just the CVVT system.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by georgie35 View Post
    Boss, anong CASA branch ang nagreplace nung CVVT nang SIS mo. Just need to know para dun ko dalhin ung akin.
    Just bring it to any Hyundai casa. Before palitan CVVT mo for sure dadaan ka muna sa "Compulsory Primary Procedure" (ECU updates, karga ka lang dapat ng Shell 97 octane gas, ECU replacement, etc...) tapos pag hindi ka na mapaikot at nagbanta ka na ng lawsuit or DTI complaint (and also kasama na after around 20,000 kms of religious PMS) ay tsaka palang isa-suggest CVVT replacement.

U.S. Hyundai Car Owners also discovered another defect:

money.cnn.com/2012/11/02/autos/hyundai-kia-mpg-overstated/index.html

m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/02/hyundai-kia-overstated-their-fuel-economy-numbers-how-common-is-this/

m.autoblog.com/2012/07/11/hyundai-elantra-subject-of-class-action-lawsuit-for-misleading/

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8A404V20121105?irpc=932
    Last edited by roydok; May 27th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just saw an advertisement sa newspaper. Yung 2013 accent ay magiging 1.4L Kappa engine na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Just saw an advertisement sa newspaper. Yung 2013 accent ay magiging 1.4L Kappa engine na.
    Yes. Kappa engine and 6 speed manual. Slightly lower outputs than current Gamma engines.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess this solve all the engine problems of the Accent. Better late than never.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    I guess this solve all the engine problems of the Accent. Better late than never.
    Hopefully. The Kappa engine in the i10 is good when mated to a manual transmission.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    It's not yet a solution until someone posts here that they went to the dealership, opted to claim CVVT replacement and had it replaced with no questions asked. Malamang sa malamang mga pumunta ng casa after mabasa 'to eh katakot-takot na "pre-check, re-program ECU, clean spark plugs, return unit to dealership if knocking occurs again" na paulit-ulit na recommendation pa ang ibabato ng mga Service Advisor hanggang mag-threat ka pa na ire-report mo sila sa DTI.

To whoever gets their CVVT warranty claimed easily post it here and let us know how you did it though, tired of having to role-play Mr. Irate Customer just to get things done with these HARI-affiliated/related/driven dealerships.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^yan din nga inaantay ko.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hi guys im new here. Im planning to buy second hand car my choices are late 2012or early 2013 accent AT very fresh like brand new and 2009 honda city at 1.5E. Same price. As ive seach for reviews about these cars. I saw your thread about accent and most of you guys knows alot about cars. Can you help me to decide which car is better to buy. Considering:
    resale,
    Better FC
    Performance
    Siguro over all factor sapalagay nyo dapat pa consider
    I dont know if the 2012 or 1.6L accent has engine knocking issue. I need your experienced advice guys. Thank you

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Accent 1.4L A/T Engine Knock Now Due to CVVT Defect. (According sa Casa)