New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi Guys,

Need help and some piece of advice. I think my '96 hyundai elantra is having a radiator leak. for the past 2 days, i have to put in water in the radiator after every use of the car. Its not a problem for me as long as hindi naman tumtitirk ung auto.

Here's the thing, I have an appointment to batangas tomorrow morning for which i have to use my car. Please advice if its safe for my car in this condition to drive that long. Kung sa tingin nyo po kaya naman, pls give me tips on precautionary measures to make sure na hindi titirik ung auto. I'll have my wife and 1 yr old kid with me tomorrow kasi, malaking hassle kung titirik ung auto.

Thanks so much. sana po may mgreply as soon as possible.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by New_daddy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need help and some piece of advice. I think my '96 hyundai elantra is having a radiator leak. for the past 2 days, i have to put in water in the radiator after every use of the car. Its not a problem for me as long as hindi naman tumtitirk ung auto.

Here's the thing, I have an appointment to batangas tomorrow morning for which i have to use my car. Please advice if its safe for my car in this condition to drive that long. Kung sa tingin nyo po kaya naman, pls give me tips on precautionary measures to make sure na hindi titirik ung auto. I'll have my wife and 1 yr old kid with me tomorrow kasi, malaking hassle kung titirik ung auto.

Thanks so much. sana po may mgreply as soon as possible.
    troublesome yan sir, better fix the problem before traveling that far. kasama mo pa naman family mo, safety first sir ang i-priority mo. check mo sir kung san yung leak nangagaling, kung sa hoses madali lang yan, pero kung radiator mismo kailangan mo ipa baba yan isabay mo na din overhaul para isang abala na lang. kung wala ka naman nakikita na actaul leak pero mnagbabawas ng tubig pwedeng clog na yung radiator at nag eevaporate yung coolant mo. check mo din yung takip ng radiator, pag may build up ng langis yung tip nya may tagas yung head gasket ng engine mo...mas malaki trabaho yun...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    na overhaul na kc ung radiator last november. pina welding lng ung mga tagas. pero ngaun may sumisirit uli tubig dun mismo sa pinag weldingan. don't have enough time para ipababa ulit. kelangan ko tlga dalhin ung auto bukas. im coming from marikina going to tanauan batangas. im thinking to stop over 3 - 4 times to check on the radiator and water level to make sure it won't overheat. ok na kaya un just to get over tomorrow's ride?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i'd advise against bringing it that far. di mo rin masabi baka lumaki yung tagas in the middle of your trip at maubusan ka ng tubig. remember umiikot yung tubig inside your car's cooling system when you drive it. there's pressure build up, especially when the water gets hot. so malaki ang chance na lumala yung leak the longer you use the car in that condition. kahit na mag stop over ka to refill, di mo rin masabi kung lumaki na yung butas, useless yung pag stop over mo.

mas mahal at hassle kapag masiraan ka sa rural highway at kelangan mo batakin yung car mo back to marikina compared to getting it fixed. be wise and don't risk it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i agree to sir mda. anything worst can happen anytime during your trip. no matter how short the distance of your planned stop over. sirit na pala yan at hindi lang patak patak. the pressure and the vibration will contribute to progressive crack on the tubing. mas mahal mag pa overhaul ng engine kesa magpalit ng radiator sir.