I am planning to get a 2012 TCI 10 seater Manual Starex NEXT WEEK. I wanted to get the CRDi but the cost is just too prohibitive. I am aware that this is the base unit but I do have some concerns on what I have been seeing on reviews and blogs. I hope you guys could help me make the right decision and give me some inputs. My apologies sa dami ng tanong.

1. TCI being under powered - I have been hearing and seeing that the TCI variant is under powered at full load (people and baggage) especially going up to Baguio (Kennon) and even certain places in Tagaytay and even overtaking. Bitin daw ang power. I don't mind if it isn't a powerhouse but am concerned that I might have a hard time going up and overtaking. I just want to get up Baguio with no hassle of feeling "bitin" going up steep inclines and be able to overtake with some reserve power when needed on the hiways. Any of you guys have any experience on this? How good/bad and reliable is this engine?

2. Warraty Claims - I was told that warranty claims become void when one doesn't follow the 3, 6, 9, etc. months PMS IRREGARDLESS OF ACTUAL KILOMETERS RAN. I plan to use this van as a weekend and family outing vehicle. So I am disheartened to hear that if I don't bring the unit for PMS every 3 months, the warranty is void. Is there a way around this? I feel this is a rip-off.

3. Resale Value - is it true that the Resale value of the TCI is very poor compared to its CRDi counterpart? What are we talking about here, 20% difference, 30%? 40%?

4. Basic changes - looking at some of your posts, I noticed that there are a few (or a lot) of basic changes that need to be made because the stock accessories are just so POOR. Accessories like the horn, which is perfect for a VW Beetle and not a huge Van; The tail light, which I understand to be inadequate due to single and double contact (I don't really understand the issue since I just browsed through the posts); Speakers, Stereo, headlight bulbs, etc. Should there be a real need to replace all of these?

5. Cost of PMS - I was told that the cost of the PMS costs an arm and even a leg. Sobrang mahal daw. Comments please.

6. Diesel Exhaust - I have never used a diesel engine run vehicle. I am concerned about the "usok boys" stopping Diesel ran vehicles for constantly emission testing. I was told that one must just make sure that the PMS are done religiously and on time. However, someone told me that even following the PMS schedule didn't help him. during one test, bagsak daw siya. He said he later learned that the muffler itself is the culprit since there are build-ups of (I forgot what it was). How true is this? Any tips on how to avoid this hassle? One dealer told me that this engine is Euro 3 compliant while another said that it is Euro 4. Ano ba talaga? It isn't mentioned in the brochure.

7. Non warranty parts - what are the parts that are not covered by warranty aside from consumables like lights bulb & tires?

8. Inter-dealer service - are PMS or warranty claims accepted by all dealers of HARI? In case I am in another city upon reaching 5k, 10k, etc. If the PMS is done by different dealers, does this affect the warranty of the vehicle, or should the PMS be done by just one dealer?

Once again, I apologize for the numerous questions. I hope you guys could help me.

Thanks.

ACMC