New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bim23 View Post
    guys, need your help!! papa install ako ng JBL or Kicker na components with seperates. Kaso indi ko alam alen mas OK sa dalawa. and nag nagsearch ako sa web, may mga lumalabas na murang presyo. May nagsabi saken na baka BUMBAY unit daw ang mga yan. May idea ba kayo sa mga bumbay unit? sayang naman kasi kung mapeke lang ang bibilhin ko at masira ang ACCENT. TIA!!

chief, magkano ba budget mo? ok naman ang JBL. Di ko korso yong Kicker 'coz sometimes, medyo very sharp yong Highs niya. Ang sa akin chief, nilagay ko is a 5.25" MB Quart coaxial speakers lang muna, para ma-maintain yong stock look ng sasakyan ko. The speakers fits perfectly sa stock speaker housing ng accent.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sir, newbie here. Karaniwan ba talagang ngpapa-mods mga owner kahit ma-void yung warranty? Planning to buy fog lamps, busina at headlights kaso iniisip ko yung warranty. Di ba sayang yun? Any tips? TIA

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    guys, need your help!! papa install ako ng JBL or Kicker na components with seperates. Kaso indi ko alam alen mas OK sa dalawa. and nag nagsearch ako sa web, may mga lumalabas na murang presyo. May nagsabi saken na baka BUMBAY unit daw ang mga yan. May idea ba kayo sa mga bumbay unit? sayang naman kasi kung mapeke lang ang bibilhin ko at masira ang ACCENT. TIA!!
    #1 give away is the pricing. If the price is too low, it automatically raises a red flag. I would urge people to buy from authorized resellers of these products. Both JBL and Kicker have fake products out in the Philippines. Pinaka-kawawa parin are persons who bought fake Focal K2Ps at 8,000php and thought it was a steal at that price (normal is 30k+)

Differentiating fake products is harder than it seems. So I'd suggest the "safe route" of buying from authorized resellers only. Sulit? TipidPC? Stay away from them if possible. Check out the secondhand ICE section of the Kotseaudioclub (KAC) if you're in town for some secondhand goodies. Less chances of you being scammed that way.

"Bright" "Dull" etc. that describes a music characteristic can be compensated by tuning. Focal TN53K too bright for your taste? Subtract 1 or 2dB in the 4-8khz EQ. For what it's worth, a good head unit is always the best choice. Even Targas or JBL would sound beautiful with the proper tuning.

Both JBL and Kicker is the same in terms of "brand quality". Wherein JBL is more of a good all-rounder while Kicker is practically infamous for their square subwoofers (notably the Solobaric).

Personally, investing in a, let's say Alpine 9887 headunit and sporting Targas and then having it tuned is better than just purchasing a Focal/DLS/or some other high-end car audio product and just slapping it on.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ah kelangan pala 5.25 lang ang ikabit nateng speaker sa accent? my budet is 8k sa front and rear speaker. balak ko sana yung 6 inches ang ilagay eh.
    jhnkvn and meikey. Thank you for a very much for your help.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ah kelangan pala 5.25 lang ang ikabit nateng speaker sa accent? my budet is 8k sa front and rear speaker. balak ko sana yung 6 inches ang ilagay eh.
    jhnkvn and meikey. Thank you for a very much for your help.
    It's quite rare to see 5" stock speaker sizes nowadays. So I believe it's safe to say the Accent sports the standard 6 1/2" diameter door. Actually, the stock paper cone of my Sonata is around 5" too, but as usual, 6 1/2" are safe. Let your installer check first but I'd say with 90% certainty that it's the 6 1/2" variety.

As with most people, I'll recommend separates for the front stage and coaxials for the back.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    It's quite rare to see 5" stock speaker sizes nowadays. So I believe it's safe to say the Accent sports the standard 6 1/2" diameter door. Actually, the stock paper cone of my Sonata is around 5" too, but as usual, 6 1/2" are safe. Let your installer check first but I'd say with 90% certainty that it's the 6 1/2" variety.

As with most people, I'll recommend separates for the front stage and coaxials for the back.
    My accent sir is using 5.25" MB Quart sir, pero ginamit ko yong stock plastic speaker housing ng accent. But it could easily be fitted with a 6 1/2" speaker, eh kaso they will be using a 6 1/2" wood spacer, and screw it sa inner door panel.

But, I think it's a wise move to go with 6 1/2", considering yong mid-bass output, medyo may kick ng konti (but still subject pa rin ito of the quality of your speaker), esp. wala kang amp to maximize full potential of the speakers.

*Bim

Like sir jhnkvn sir, mas maganda ang separates if sound staging is a concern. All you have to do is look for a very good shop to fabricate your tweeter pods. Yon yong isa kong dahilan bakit I stuck with coax, medyo may takot ako sa fiber works. At nasasayangan ako sa stock figure ng sasakyan.

For your 8K sir, why not unahin mo yong front speakers mo. Rear speakers normally pang rear fill lang, so di gaano ganon kalaki ang impact niya. Or like sir jhnkvn said, maybe a better headunit upgrade muna would be better. Di naman ganon kasagwa yong stock speakers ng accent, though kulang talaga sa highs.

Then step by step, di mo na namamalayan, naging full I-C-E setup na pala yan sir Bim. Ehehehe, naging biktima ako nito sa dati kong Civic ES. But I was satisfied with the setup. With a CDE-9885, a Focal Polyglass separates, 2 Rockford Amps, and a DD Sub, talagang mapapakamot ka na lang knowing you spent some of your hard earned savings. But what else can you do? Binata pa kasi, and let us say, been receiving a better pay grade. Ngayon may toddler na, hahahaha, Commander na ang magdedecide ng lahat-lahat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ome_jr View Post
    Mga sir, may nagpalit na ba ng headlight bulbs nyo to osram nightbreaker h4? Any feedback? Parang medyo mahina kasi yung stock bulb natin..
    Changed mine to philips xtreme power, definitely brighter than stock

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, buying separates nowadays is very convenient. Tweeters can easily be mounted on the dash with a double-sided 3M tape. No need for additional fabrication.

Since I'm not a fan of rear speakers, I still think that getting speakers up front and then ditching the rears is still the way to go. Then again, 95% of the population disagrees with me. For me, I like the sound up front and just getting the tuning of having bass that you can't localize took me a month to achieve. While my father likes getting sounds from all sides

If I were to spend 8k assuming no further upgrades:
    Pioneer HU around 5-6k + Targa separates

I believe people are underestimating the effects of a better head unit. Most factory head unit have built-in EQ settings and their frequency range is limited (to protect the stock paper speakers of factory speakers). Buying a spanking new head unit has the advantage of a full range frequency and flat EQ.

Then again, most people won't notice "lacking" frequency ranges.. so, for most, I think just replacing the speakers would be the biggest leap. So 6k for the front + 4k for the back (most coaxials are cheaper compared to separates). Targa, Morel (Maximo) and Dominations are my favorites in this price range.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Just got my accent from ziebart imus... Nag pa Diamond Gloss and Super Rust Proofing.. ang baho sa loob amoy gas. pero ang ganda sa labas... Maganda ung effect ng Diamond Gloss sa black ang draw back nga lang kita ung mga swirly marks na pinag daanan ng buffing machine, especially pag tinatamaan ng araw kitang kita ung kintab na dinaanan ng Buffing...

Is there any solution to make it's gloss even? para pleasant naman to the eyes. Pero ganon daw talga pag black color cars... TOTOO ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    tipid narin nga lang sa car shampoo and wax, kc bawal daw i-shampoo and i-wax kc lalabo daw instead na makintab and glossy..