New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Same result... OT ulit

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    correct me if I am wrong, but in our region (cebu), nagkakaproblema kami sa availability nong 1.6Blue. Paisa-isa ang dating dito. Around 3-4 months ang waiting period namin dito, and I don't know if this supply issue has been resolved by HARI na.

Originally, I booked and reserved for a 1.6Blue unit, eh kaso walang available and have to wait pa because may waiting lists pa raw. And then when a 1.4GL AT came, I immediately jump into the unit and see the difference between the 1.6Blue. Di naman ganon kalaki yong difference, kaya kinulit ko yong SA ko, w/c happen to be one of the big boss of Hyundai Cebu, and finally got the unit supposedly was reserved for a Boholano customer. Pero like others said, iba kasi ang dating pag TOTL and on my side, I should have opted for the top variant kon di lang sana nagkaproblema with the supply chain.

And one thing that drove me to dive into the 1.4 variant is my desire to install a decent audio setup. Hehehehe, napakasayang ng TOTL variant if you stripped off some of the audio/electronics and replaced it with an after market one.

If you go with the looks department, acceptable naman yong 1.4. All you need to have is a good set of shoes, an OEM Fog Lights and you're good to go na.

With the fiesta trend/sedan 5 door vs. fiesta sport/hatch, talagang ang laki ng pinagkakaiba. Sadyang maganda ang hatch pagdating sa looks department. And opinion kulang, para talagang pinilit ginawang sedan yong sa fiesta na case. Medyo maliit compared to the competition. And alam mo naman, majority of pinoys prefer looks, secondary na ang performance...

Just my 2 cents though...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    baka wala pa lang issues. or yung mga bumibili ng accent blue, hindi nagfoforum. marami rami na rin akong nakikitang blue sa daan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better if there's a thread for Accent issues, in general.

The problem with the 1.6 Accent is probably half-supply, half-specs. Compared to the 6-speed dual clutch in the Fiesta, the 4-speed AT in the Accent doesn't sound so enticing.

The 1.4 MT, though... mhmmmm....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm.... pretty bare... still no new Accent taxis?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    MGE already ordered 250 units

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    For us Pinoys, AG4 it's always looks/price/practicality > everything else. Don't include me though because I would want everything in equal division as much as possible. In the Accent's case, the 1.4L looks good already, admittedly, compared to the Fiesta Trend/Style which is obviously less pleasing to the eyes ( subjective ) & smaller.

You might ask me why do Filipinos consider the Fiesta S then instead of Trends, no offense but it's because it looks way better than its lower variant counterparts which is helluva ugly, sans the hatchbacks.
    I've been seeing more Trend models lately (hatch and sedan)
    The Style will never sell coz its only P15K cheaper than the Trend which gets 15 inch alloy wheels.

Both Style and Trend models come with all power features, Driver's Airbag, ABS + EBD and 60:40 split folding rear seats.

With a price of P588K, Filipinos would definitely go for the base Accent 1.4 MT compared to the better equipped P670K Fiesta Style since most (non-car enthusiasts/ car-lovers) still don't seem to care about its lack of modern safety equipment (no airbag, no ABS) and practical features (no folding rear seats).

The 1.6 Accent lacks the cool toys of the Fiesta, specifically its Voice Control and 6-speed dual-clutch transmission, I guess this explains why its not selling as much.
    I guess owning an Accent doesn't sound as cool as owning a Fiesta. (Just kidding)
    Must be the weaker marketing of the Accent compared to the Fiesta, is Hyundai (HARI) even making good use of social networks like Facebook?

PS: Has anybody already seen a new Accent 1.4 taxi?

I agree that most filipinos who are not really into cars just prefer the looks\price factors most of the time. That is why the analysis of AG4 seems to be spot on. The Accent 1.4 is just tough to beat and the Fiesta is a bit better IMO vs the Accent 1.6.

BTT: having a thread for issues of the 1.6 is okay naman and I hope wala na rin knocking problem like the 1.4 since in the end, yung kalagayan naman ng bumili ang dapat natin intindihin na sana ay maging satisfied owner siya at hindi problemado. And it is for every car bought esp. new ones.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    MGE already ordered 250 units
    Yahoo! Finally! A taxi with a decent rear seat!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yahoo! Finally! A taxi with a decent rear seat!
    No Airbag, no ABS, fixed non-folding rear bench seat, steel wheels... It has TAXI written all over it!
    I'm excited to ride in MGE's new Accent taxis!

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Better if there's a thread for Accent issues, in general.

The problem with the 1.6 Accent is probably half-supply, half-specs. Compared to the 6-speed dual clutch in the Fiesta, the 4-speed AT in the Accent doesn't sound so enticing.

The problem with the 1.6 Accent sales is more likely half-supply, half City/Vios TOTL.

Ford Fiesta? You mean the car that can only manage 1/4 of City/Jazz sales and 1/5 of Vios sales? Hardly shows that people think twice over the 1.6 Accent because of the tiny Fiesta's features

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2011 Hyundai Accent 1.6L Blue Issues