New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djoroge View Post
    *asb75- Yes, maybe that's my next step, sending a letter to HARI. However, i'm planning to bring the car to the dealer first once the problem occurs since its intermittent for them to really experience it. Just want to have a concrete proof before writing a formal complaint. The dealer is Hyundai Global City.

Btw, considering the problem on my tranny, do you think it's reasonable for me to ask for a replacement of the whole transmission?

about your tranny, baka kailangan lang ng reflash ng computer nya ito....

sakit din ng KIA yan...nagtry ba sila ireflash Tranny computer ng stafe mo?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Check this out and see if the problems resemble with that of your tranny's...

SF 2010 Transmission Can't Shift to Reverse

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    *Black Hornet -Able to view the link but it seems I had different case. Sa akin kc you can change shift but may malakas na kadyot or jerk every change shift. Mawawala naman sya agad if you turn off the engine and start again. Yun lang very alarming kc you can really sense that the tranny has problem.

*Desert Fox - I think di pa na reflash ang tranny ko. According to the service manager they just do some cleaning on the tranny connectors etc... I'll try to ask them if they can do the reflash.

*Starex Gold - I think nataon lang talaga ako sa problematic unit. I've been using an automatic car also and for 5 years no major problems encountered. I think you got a good suggestion kahit nakakapagod man ibalik ko na lang sa casa until they were able to fix it. Hassle lang, after I spent 1.558M pesos for my dream SUV.

I'm planning to go to casa on thursday. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks a lot......

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    The link attached is Santa Fe Club Philippines Forum, try to register and drop all your query. Maraming same problem ng sa iyo na solve.
    Your 1st problem is identified with your 3rd problem. Ang cause ng noise ay dahil sa defective parts inside your steering assembly. Dahil hindi na address ang problema kaya nag leak nalang ang ATF

Your 2nd problem - Jerking tranny probably needs diagnostic. Whether brake switch lang yan or tranny itself dapat i-replace yan ng HGC dahil under warranty pa.

So lumalabas IMHO hindi yan major, baka hindi lang attentive ang CASA mo to address the problem right away. Baka naghihitay pa ng sign or ebedensya ng sira like ATF leak. Sabi mo intermittent eh so mahirap talaga ma pin point yan agad.

Don't loose your confidence with SF. I have mine 3 years na pero never akong nagkaissue sa mga nabangit mo.

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Another suggestion,

Lumipat ka na ng casa mo.

Daming kasama ko sa Tucson Phils na nag-rereklamo dyan sa Hyundai Global, pulpol na dealer yan mga brader. Kay Hyundai Quezon Avenue mo na ipadala yan. Hanapin mo lang si Luigi or Ien.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Sir SG, ano feedback mo sa Hyundai Dasma in terms of services/PMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Another suggestion,

Lumipat ka na ng casa mo.

Daming kasama ko sa Tucson Phils na nag-rereklamo dyan sa Hyundai Global, pulpol na dealer yan mga brader. Kay Hyundai Quezon Avenue mo na ipadala yan. Hanapin mo lang si Luigi or Ien.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Diba sa Dasma ko binili yung Tucson ko, doon ko dinala for 1000km and 5000km PMS. Ok naman service nila. Attentive yung mga service adviser. Sablay lang yung bagong gumagamit ng GDS nila.

Pero sa Las Pinas na ako ngayon, walang corkage yung mga gamit na dala ko tsaka mahusay yung mechanic na nakilala ko. Or mag Quezon Avenue din ako, may corkage ata pero pwede mapag-usapan. Tsaka mababait din ang mga service adviser kaso medyo mabagal lang ang kilos.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by djoroge View Post
    *Black Hornet -Able to view the link but it seems I had different case. Sa akin kc you can change shift but may malakas na kadyot or jerk every change shift. Mawawala naman sya agad if you turn off the engine and start again. Yun lang very alarming kc you can really sense that the tranny has problem.

*Desert Fox - I think di pa na reflash ang tranny ko. According to the service manager they just do some cleaning on the tranny connectors etc... I'll try to ask them if they can do the reflash.

*Starex Gold - I think nataon lang talaga ako sa problematic unit. I've been using an automatic car also and for 5 years no major problems encountered. I think you got a good suggestion kahit nakakapagod man ibalik ko na lang sa casa until they were able to fix it. Hassle lang, after I spent 1.558M pesos for my dream SUV.

I'm planning to go to casa on thursday. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks a lot......
    bro how was yung check up mo, na solve ba yung tranny problem mo, na experience ko sa tucson ko yung kumakadyot pag change ng gear. thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have exactly the same problem with my 2011 sta fe - automatic. *djoroge - kindly share updates if these issues were addressed. I brought mine to hyundai las pinas and hyundai alabang but they don't seem to zero in on the issue.

Intermittent issues i encountered:
    1. can't shift from Park mode
    2. Blinking 4wheel indicator when temporarily shifting to P mode while engine is on. Usually encountered during stop-go heavy traffic and need to shift to P at times. I observed that shifting back to drive mode is a bit hard & can hear a 'thud' sound in the tranny area. Car becomes jerky as well so need to make sure brake pedal is firmly pressed. I'm now actually trying to recall if this was the reason of my recent accident when at full stop, i suddenly bumped into another car crossing an intersection,

Stop gap solution that i do everytime i encounter the above: manual reset of the gear. Run the stick shift across all modes while gear manual reset is pressed.

I do hope hyundai will get to fix the problem. I love the performance of my sta fe but i always question workmanship and durability everytime these problems pops up. I'm worried as well everytime the wife drives the car. I reached a point of telling my wife: i'll never buy a korean car in the future.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    *Djoroge sir. How is your problem number 2? Kasi, na-experience yan exactly the same as my friend's 2011 SF. Pero na-solve na sya. Please refer to this link.
    http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...ml#post2053394
    Hope it helps kung di pa na-solve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2010 Hyundai Sta Fe: Major Problems Encountered