New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Is it worth the price? The proverbial "value for money". Mahal na kasi ang VGT variants.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Is it worth the price? The proverbial "value for money". Mahal na kasi ang VGT variants.
    Ok na yun. At least you'll have a big space and power features....i guess?

Who cares about the variant? you'll be enjoying the big space inside anyway

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    AFAIK, the TCI is no longer available in the local market, I think HARI is just finishing off its TCI stocks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its good value in a sense that you get the space and people moving capacity for a much lower price...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The inside of the Starex is quite small and cramp, despite its evident outward bulk.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    just save up for the VGT model, sayang yung malaking difference sa engine power.

although mabilis din naman ang 101hp/232Nm but that's too far from 174hp/402Nm.

I have a feeling though that Hyundai will update their i800 (GS) to an R-Engine + 6-speed anytime soon.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    just save up for the VGT model, sayang yung malaking difference sa engine power.

although mabilis din naman ang 101hp/232Nm but that's too far from 174hp/402Nm.

I have a feeling though that Hyundai will update their i800 (GS) to an R-Engine + 6-speed anytime soon.
    Agree to Horsepower, you will regret why you didn't got the VGT version, once you half load to fully load your TCI

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    For me, P1.2M for the Grand Starex TCi is a best buy even though a CRDi Gold at P1.7+M is also a best buy. But why would you want to pay an extra P500K for speed and power when even Horsepower said that 101HP is fast enough? Unless you live in the province and drive like a race car driver, you'll never really get to appreciate the extra 70HP offered by the CRDi VGT engine in 90% of driving conditions.

And since HARI has practically stopped selling TCi units (they probably get more profit margin on the CRDis), the TCi becomes rarer and still maintains its good value.

Reason we bought a TCi and consider it "Value for Money" is that if we had the P1.7M for a GS CRDi, we'd rather spend it on a Santa Fe. But no regrets, the Grand Starex is a very comfortable and useful van, even for the base model.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Pini-phase out na pala TCi models?

If this is the case, would this Foton MP-X van worth the dough for those considering the Starex base model?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Meron nagbebenta sa HACP ng Starex nya. Certified in very good condition I can attest to that. Just maybe lang kung TCi model talaga gusto mo why not consider this used but well maintained TCi GS?

http://hyundaiclubph.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=2698

2009 Starex base TCi model: Best buy or goodbye?