New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In short, Euro pang subo ng self-image, hehe, yung Jap pang satisfy ng mas logical na reason why you purchased a car... hehe.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    in short Euro owners have small dicks? hahaha time to dispose the bimmer :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    if i'm to choose, then i'll have the lexus. but still i prefer Audi or Saab over BMW or Merc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    I'd rather buy a Bimmer.

Lexus = overpriced Toyota
    Acura = overpriced Honda
    Infiniti = overpriced Nissan

:bwahaha:
    dapat tawag dyan overpriced cars...heheh.Acura ako RSX oks na sa akin yun..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    double post... stupid transmission lag.
    Last edited by niky; March 3rd, 2006 at 10:49 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd rather buy a Bimmer.

Acura = overpriced Honda

:bwahaha:
    Bimmer = overpriced... period. (I'm still a BMW fan, though)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    if i'm to choose, then i'll have the lexus. but still i prefer Audi or Saab over BMW or Merc.
    Audi... no. Not yet. At least not with the A4. They may have great new engines, but they're still too soft in the driving department to compare to BMW.

Saabs have devolved into a mere caricature of their former selves... and they aren't as upscale as any of the above. C'mon, Saab of the past ten years has been re-badge city.

Infiniti, I like. The FX-series and the new M-cars are definitely a cut above and in the spirit of Japanese premium... sporty, well-designed, and unique. I just love the FX and am bummed that my uncle didn't import it when I suggested it... it's still a head-turner, nearly three years on.

Lexus just plays it too safe. They're going down the Mercedes road. And look where MB is now in comparison with BMW (and a rapidly improving Audi).

Acuras are nice, but really, they're just like Lexus was before... a rebadge for low volume cars that won't sell well in the US under the Honda name. Can you imagine how, even fifteen years on, some people can't conceive of an NSX possessing the "crappy" Honda nameplate? What brand-snobbish idiocy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd rather buy a Bimmer.

Acura = overpriced Honda
    aray ko! sakit naman. hehehe

i only end up with one because of the deal i found. here's how i justified my "overpriced" fx over the other choices (about $5K difference). these are comparisons when we bought one in 2003:

at least 40 more hp,better interior, better leather,bigger wheels, dual tip exhaust, power features (memory seat, mirrors, dash and steering wheel),safety (stability, antislip), longer warranty,reliability, rwd, bose, g35 loaner, still unique, etc...

last, the deal was good enough to fall within our budget.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you ask the americans they like the japanese luxury brands a lot, id buy a lexus or even an infiniti over an mb or a bmw but it all depends. dito sa pinas, it's better to buy mb n bmw since they have good reliable service here. lexus and toyota service are not reliable. im sure toyota will not service your lexus if you bring it in their casa.
    Last edited by KCboy; March 3rd, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo OT pero BMW has overtaken MB na sa NorthAmerica..... Lexus is closing in......

M54, dre kung nandyan pa din ako sa US no questions asked BMW na (may phobia talaga ako sa Merc, hehehe) pero since nandito ako sa Pinas di ko naman pakikinabangan yung driving pleasure ng Euro cars..... basta maganda ang upuan sa long stops, may A/T at A/C pede na Syempre safety pa din ang priority ko followed by reliability (di na kasi ako bumabata).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by max95fx03
    aray ko! sakit naman. hehehe
    Opinion lang yun, masanay ka na.... ganyan din ako mag-research para sa hard-earned money ko dati.... I ended up getting an MDX Wala pa kasing Infiniti FX nun e.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Would you buy a Lexus, Acura or Infiniti if you could?