New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys,

Napansin ko lang may mga tiny bubbles on my roof. Is this the dreaded bulutong?

Is it worth it to have it repaired considering I only park outside our house? Pag pasok sa office wala rin namang covered parking space, so 24/7 wala cyang cover.

Naisip ko kasi, the bulutong will reccur since I don't have a covered parking space.

Also, aside sa panget tingnan ang bulutong, what are the other repercussions if I left it that way?

Please give me inputs sirs...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    worse comes to worst, it would eat up majority of the roof and result to leaks.

worth paayos? yes, kung you would keep the car for more than 2 years. kung may balak na benta, let the next owner take car of that. the only down side is baba resale kasi lagi hihiritan yung rust parts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    worse comes to worst, it would eat up majority of the roof and result to leaks.

worth paayos? yes, kung you would keep the car for more than 2 years. kung may balak na benta, let the next owner take car of that. the only down side is baba resale kasi lagi hihiritan yung rust parts.
    Is there a way to treat it without spending that much? Para lang hindi mag leak. Mahal kasi roofcut eh.

Let's say I have the money to have it repaired, will it reccur since I don't have a covered parking space?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mahal talaga roof cut. hindi ba kaya repair na lang? cut out the rusted area then weld? pero kung marami na, roof cut na lang talga solution.

it depends on how well the shop does the job. kung pulido, malamang matagal na ulit bago kailangan ng repaint. sakit talaga ng eg yung rust sa roof kahit may covered parking.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    mahal talaga roof cut. hindi ba kaya repair na lang? cut out the rusted area then weld? pero kung marami na, roof cut na lang talga solution.

it depends on how well the shop does the job. kung pulido, malamang matagal na ulit bago kailangan ng repaint. sakit talaga ng eg yung rust sa roof kahit may covered parking.
    Hindi naman marami.. I think I just saw around 5? In random spots. Two bubbles are together then the other three are scattered.

I see, so even if I have a covered parking space, there's nothing I can do about it..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my experience, dadami yang dapat ipa-ayos na kalawang kapag kinutingting na yan.. may mga lalabas na kalawang na hindi dati nakita, ngunit kailangan namang ipa-ayos. you can do piecemeal, that is, ipa-ayos lang ang nakikita, and pray na wala nang ibang lumabas. if you intend to hold on the the car for a long time, then i suggest you do an honest-to-goodness roof repair. but if you plan to sell it soon, i suggest you just sell it as is, so the buyer will know you what it is he's buying..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my experience, dadami yang dapat ipa-ayos na kalawang kapag kinutingting na yan.. may mga lalabas na kalawang na hindi dati nakita, ngunit kailangan namang ipa-ayos. you can do piecemeal, that is, ipa-ayos lang ang nakikita, and pray na wala nang ibang lumabas. if you intend to hold on the the car for a long time, then i suggest you do an honest-to-goodness roof repair. but if you plan to sell it soon, i suggest you just sell it as is, so the buyer will know you what it is he's buying..
    As of now, nag iipon pa akong pera to buy a newer car in the future. I guess I'll still keep the car for another 1 - 2 years? My next target car is the Vios kasi, which is still in 300k-ish range eh.

I'm not into porma naman, I only got this Civic since the seller was an acquiantance. My first choice actually was a Nissan Sentra Series 3/4 because of the low resalve value.

Slightly OT na to, but do you think it's worth it to sell my ESi and buy a Series3/4 Sentra?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    nangyri na din sakin to sir. pinastrip ko then pinapalitan ko ng bubong... tama si sir archie kung balak mo ibenta iparepair mo na lang. pero babalik talaga sakit nun... yung EG ko kasi mejo my sentimental value kaya ginastusan ko talaga. balak ko din gawing project car.

Is it worth it to repair : Rust on the Roof