New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka may pinoy firefighter, binulsa na ung diamond earrings. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ako naman ang nakita ko corolla near sm southmall. ang bait nga ng tumulong kasi taxi driver siya driving the other way

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    if the fire reached 3820ºK (which is quite impossible), then maybe.

*3820ºK is the melting point of mineral Diamond.

Diamonds burn at only 800*C.

Maybe if you remove all oxygen you can turn up the heat to 3820 kelvins to melt it...

But in this case it's open air so there's lots of oxygen

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No, Oxygen would make it burn more. If you take out Oxygen, the fire would die out. Try burning a paper inside a drinking glass and put your palm on its lid to seal off air, you'll see.

Actually the melting point of Diamond (3820ºK) was measured at 1 Atmosphere, roughly, 101 KPa. 1Pa=6,895 PSi. A typical tire's pressure is 30psi.

It might burn at 800ºC (im not sure about that buy maybe since it's essentially a carbon subform) but it surely wouldn't affect its internal characteristics even for a long time, it will theoretically turn to graphite but it would still be carbon and will be diamond again, given the same diamond-forming conditions again. (law of conservation of matter).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Uh-oh, it's another one of those 'Frankenstein' threads. :D

Mukhang nauna pala yung CR-V sa tagline na 'Catch the fever' eh.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    baka nga naibulsa na yung diamond

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    No, Oxygen would make it burn more. If you take out Oxygen, the fire would die out. Try burning a paper inside a drinking glass and put your palm on its lid to seal off air, you'll see.

Of course it'll burn more

What I was saying was maybe if you remove oxygen you can heat it up to melting point temps coz in the presence of oxygen it won't exceed 800*C without burning up...

But that's just a maybe. I don't wanna try to burn diamonds

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    ako naman, saw an L300 van before burning sa sshiway.
    kahit po diesel, nasusunog din?

Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    It is still better to have your oil change in the casa. Also the CRV being sold here are 2.0 liter and not 2.4 liter. There might be a difference.
    I really thought new local CRVs are 2.4... I was certain I even read it on honda Ph website...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hagiber View Post
    Wala bang danger na "sasabog" yung fire extiguisher from heat kapag nakabilad sa araw ng magdamag ang sasakyan ?
    Wala naman siguro. Fire extinguishers are required on all vehivles here in Qatar. Temperature here comes close to 46C during summer (like now) and we never had any issues with FE's bursting in all of our fleet.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I really thought new local CRVs are 2.4... I was certain I even read it on honda Ph website...
    At the time of the article, I think around 2004, locally, Honda Philippines just sold 2.0 liter CRVs. But yes, now there are 2.4 liter CRVs available locally.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why are CRVs catching fire?