New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga sir ask ko lang po.my sister kasi pinahiram muna sakin car nya n honda jazz A/t idsi 2005 model..napansin ko lang kasi diba po meron sya, P,R,N,D,S,L
    bali tanong ko lang po ano po ba use ng "S" sa my shift nya?first time lang po kasi eh hehe..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

S is for Sports Mode bro. Try it and you will hear/feel your engine hummmmmm.... Very nice....

9606:hippie:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ganon po ba boss..ano po use ng sport mode?pede po ba ako mag 7speed mode then naka sport mode ako?kasi ganagawa ko lang nasa D ako then click ko yung 7 speed mode kapag nasa nlex lang po ako..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    S - sport mode. Best if you like spirited driving.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oiknez View Post
    mga sir ask ko lang po.my sister kasi pinahiram muna sakin car nya n honda jazz A/t idsi 2005 model..napansin ko lang kasi diba po meron sya, P,R,N,D,S,L
    bali tanong ko lang po ano po ba use ng "S" sa my shift nya?first time lang po kasi eh hehe..

Are you sure there is a "L"??

Anyway, the "S" is supposed to be 2nd gear. It is the gear you use if you want to use a lower gear ratio. Example is going down Baguio, you would want to use your engine braking to assist going down from Baguio.

Another use is going uphill and the car is fully loaded. This would force the A/T to go to a lower gear to be able to go uphill better.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 13th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oiknez View Post
    ganon po ba boss..ano po use ng sport mode?pede po ba ako mag 7speed mode then naka sport mode ako?kasi ganagawa ko lang nasa D ako then click ko yung 7 speed mode kapag nasa nlex lang po ako..
    You can only enable the 7-speed mode when the shifter is in "D".

Your car's tranny is a CVT or continuous variable transmission. It has practically infinite number of ratios or "gears". In 7-speed mode, the tranny creates a virtual 7 gears from it's infinite ratios. It will also give you manual control of the gear you want to use. That is the theory. In practice, the tranny is not responsive enough and tends to upshift and downshift even if you want to keep in a specific gear or will not shift when you want it.

So the 7-speed thingie is more like a sales gimmick than a practical aid/tool for the driver.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Anyway, the "S" is supposed to be 2nd gear. It is the gear you use if you want to use a lower gear ratio. Example is going down Baguio, you would want to use your engine braking to assist going down from Baguio.

Another use is going uphill and the car is fully loaded. This would force the A/T to go to a lower gear to be able to go uphill better.

yes boss meron po siya "L"
    Last edited by oiknez; April 13th, 2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: error picture

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sir Ghosthunter he is referring to GD jazz 2005 model. Not the GE as was in the picture you provided.

BTW, in the 2009 Jazz, S is to be enjoyed with the paddle shifters. It lets you upshift/downshift as if you're driving a manual.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [

Yes, bro,- for a 2005 iDSI CVT Jazz, there is an "L".... Again, "S" is for sports mode and the car "upshifts" at a higher rev than when you were in "D" mode....

I don't have the car now, and I am not sure if I was able to engage "manual shift" using the up and down buttons in the steering wheel, in S mode... I somehow remember that I was able to do it.... Hhhmmmm...

9707:electricf:
    Last edited by CVT; April 14th, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    meaning malakas din sa gas if panay or nasa "S" mode?

What is the use of "S"?