New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi mga sir/s.. I'm a new member. Plan kasi namin ng wife ko na bumile ng HONDA ESI..first car ko din kung sakale.. (puro hiram lang kasi sa tatay ko hehe ).. Gwapo talaga ESI lalo na pag naka-setup/mod .

Gusto ko AUTOMATIC TRANNY para magamit din ng WIFE ko..(di kasi kaya ng manual hehe )

Sana makapag-bigay po kayo ng PROs and CONs ng HONDA ESI, para maka-buy na kami. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE !!

eto ung mga links about HONDA ESI.. check it out.. i'm really excited

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA37cQ_4j-A&feature=related"]YouTube- Best Video in YOUTUBE of Eg9 Ferio's. (PART2)[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_nIGrOiaE&feature=related"]YouTube- tribute civic sedan EG8 EG9 JDM[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2snC0vq-v8&feature=related"]YouTube- Civic Ferio a 4door collection[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I really don't know any negative inputs about that civic generation. I myself liked it since before, it's stylish & it's small hence, it's easy to maneuver and park ( best feature for girls ) and like what you've said the style goes better if it's modded the nice way not the rice way.

The only negative input that I could say about that civic is it's old, hence expect for repairs it may be a minor or a major repair ... it depends, it's normal anyways. And, watch out too for flooded vehicles, if you're unlucky you'll be buying one for the price of a clean one. But then again, those inputs isn't only for ESi Civics, it's for each and every vehicle that's being sold in the 2nd hand market.

Goodluck on your purchase.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I used to drive an ESi but with a manual transmission and a japan engine.
    Most Honda guys here would say don't buy EG Civics (the chassis code of the ESi) with automatic transmissions.

I assume this would be a family car and you have no intends to drive it hard. So here goes:

PROS:
    • Double wishbone suspension means more value for the money
    • Nice exterior especially when kept looking close to stock, including the rims
    • Very sturdy body and chassis
    • Stock PH16 sohc engine is relatively fuel efficient (in manual trans) than carb engines
    • Sporty stock suspension
    • Abundant parts for maintenance and modifications
    • Stock exhaust tone is nice

CONS:
    • Matic transmission doesn't have good reputation re maintenance, reliability and fuel economy
    • Prone to overheat (but can be easily solved with proper maintenance)
    • Most likely, you'll get a unit with power windows and locks soon to malfunction and would need repairs
    • Legroom for rear seats is crampy for adults
    • Expect rust/bubbles in stock paint
    • For buyers like you, its high resale value is a con since you have to pay more

You videos are nice but those are JDM Civics (Japan versions). Don't expect the local ESi unit to be anything closer to them.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thank you for giving the specific PROs and CONs.. If you have 130-150k budjet to buy a 2nd hand car.. What Brand/Type/Model will you buy.. with LESS CONS..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by adda9177 View Post
    Thank you for giving the specific PROs and CONs.. If you have 130-150k budjet to buy a 2nd hand car.. What Brand/Type/Model will you buy.. with LESS CONS..
    nissan sentra series iii (b14) and get those ex/super saloon ones

;)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by adda9177 View Post
    Honda Civic ESi
    Last edited by isa1023; April 13th, 2010 at 09:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    for a bit more you can get a 96 civic with VTEC na... quite a bit better than the EG.

EG hard to find na in good condition. those in good nick are way overpriced (lalo na yung mga 2-door), yung mga mura naman talagang wasak na wasak na.

basta ako go for 96-99 civic. ipon pa konti the small price difference (maybe +50k) is worth it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check mo iyong kundisyon ng makina, Body ng sasakyan me edad na rin iyang sasakyan na iyan.

PROS and CONS of HONDA ESI