New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi!

First time member here on tsikot. And this site has helped me a lot. I just bought a second hand 2003 Honda City idsi and was wondering what are the best mods for this type of car that is not too over. I want something simple yet classy pa rin. Hope I made sense. But yeah. Ive been looking at pics but most of them are super modified and really customized.

Oh and saan mura tumingin ng mga body mods for this car?

Thanks guys and girls!

Blue

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    By the way, san makakabili ng magandang alarm na di gaano mahal?

Sorry for all the questions. his is my first car kasi.

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    wala man lamang sumagot.. *ouch*

anyway...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Car alarm? The auto parts hubs in Cubao and Banaue usually sell 'em at similar prices...nagkakatalo lang sa brands and features.

I suggest that you don't do any body mods to your car. It makes it heavier, usually un-aerodynamic, and frankly, look like crap. But in my opinion, the City needs taller and wider rims. 16" on 195 rubbers would do good...just don't get chrome wheels. Try TE's, CE's or Advan rims. The practical choice is Rota, which manufactures copies of rims. Google it. They have a complete product catalog online.

Don't forget...it isn't all about being the flashiest. You'd have to consider preserving clean lines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Personally, I`d leave the City close to stock. Flashy bodykits isn't really the answer to beautify a boring car. It's how you maintain and keep it clean.

If ever, the mods I would just do on an 03 City is just OEM Jazz 1.5L rims ... the 16's. Then drop it with some lowering springs. Finish it off with some leather/ette upholstery inside ... take off the tint, slap on some decent EXHAUST TIP then you're done.

Just have it detailed every once in a while if you want.

ICE is your choice. A budget setup would do.

HID, if you want ... go 6k. Aim it the " proper " way. For the foglights however it's either you keep it stock or slap some HID too. Because going " yellow " on the foglights is sooo JDM and would not look appropriate on a city with OEM jazz rims on ....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Great advice guys! Yeah, jut got an alarm for the car from Banaue. I am currently looking for nice rims since I don't like the stock ones (also they have some scratches).

Are 16's still fuel efficient? I've read that the larger the rims, the lower the fuel efficiency gets. Would 15's still look nice?

True, too much add-ons will make the car look tacky. Simple lang na classy pa rin tingnan is the way to go.

Thanks!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *Blue - Wag ka muna mag modify. Much better if you pay attention sa mga "future requirements" ng city mo. Matic ba? Kung matic nga, naku, hindi sa tinatakot kita, pero dapat well maintained ang nakuha mo. Kung hindi, bili ka na maraming biogesic. sasakit ulo mo bro.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi glenboy,

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I got it from a friends friend and it is in really good condition. The automatic transmission is well-maintained along with the CVT too. I have all the records for the maintenance. Smooth shifting and all.

But yeah, I think I'll stick with the stock classic since elegant naman tingnan and clean.

Thanks!