New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi...just want to ask what could be the culprit in my 97 civic's water reservoir, i used to fill it everyday kase minsan daily pa kung malayo ang byahe, nauubos kase talaga, though yong radiator naman is alang problema, walng bawas, sabi ng friend ko check ko nalang lagi water before leaving para sure, pero I know na di naman ganun kabilis nawawala tubig sa reservoir diba? in my other car, ni minsan di ako naglalagay eh.. What do you think is causing this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Worn out radiator cap? The rubber seal could be cracked or warped so it doesn't seal.

Also leaks especially at the water pump might also be a cause.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    possibility of having minute cracks in your rad hoses. di lang halata kasi mabilis mag-evaporate ang tubig kasi nga mainit siya. or baka kailangan na din ng overhaul rad mo kasi barado na.

actually problema ko din iyan sa vti ko. this sunday mag-pa overhaul na ako ng rad at baka palit din ng hose

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks po. I must go to the nearest trusted radiator shop in our area para ipacheck. Prevention is better than cure... Never pako nag overheat at ayoko din maranasan if ever.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    do you use coolant? if you don't, use one. if there is a leak in your system, you should be able to spot it since there will be coolant markings (depends on the color of the coolant you use). as per my experience, check the bypass hoses under your throttle body. most of the time, leaks show there but unnoticable because you can't closely see it.

driving an 88 sentra diesel before, everyday, once, pinupuno ko reservoir, kasi ordinary water lang, natutuyo din siguro sa init ng panahon, hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^sealed environment ang cooling system ng kotse so that's not normal bro

as for my earlier problem, i had my rad overhauled yesterday so it's look & see mode muna for me if everything's a-ok

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmmm, I'm sure you could check it yourself. Pop the hood. Start the car and leave it idle. Monitor if there would be any trace of water spillage coming from either the hoses, radiator or reservoir.

Since you mentioned that you don't experience overheating and the radiator water level does not move, the waterpump works and quite unlikely be the cause for the loss of water.

But as the other guys already suggested, a (trusted) shop that specializes in such cases would be the best place to bring your car.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^sealed environment ang cooling system ng kotse so that's not normal bro

as for my earlier problem, i had my rad overhauled yesterday so it's look & see mode muna for me if everything's a-ok
    normal po ito sa sentra 88 na minamaneho ko dati, hehe

laguna biyahe ko mula marikina, umabot na ito hanggang liliw, hehe, talagang mabilis maubos reservoir. pero sakin lang un.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    salamat sa lahat ng mga reply sir. Well hindi ko pa din napatingin sa radaitor shop, but yesterday, i checked again by turning the engine for about 20 mins to see if there are visible leaks, wala talaga ako makita, notice that my radiator fan took sometime before it opened, kala ko delay, or di na aandar, hindi din, aside from the fact na malamig pa siguro panahon at may certain time for it to open, kaya ganun, the temp gauge is still ok, naka aircon din,. well I appreciate all the inputs, when i have time this saturday, papachek ko na talaga.

And sir baludoy let me know what happens after your radiator overhaul.did you change hoses too? Nagbabawas b ng tubig reserve ng ride mo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
water reservoir losing water