New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Good day po. I have this issue with my 2009 Honda Jazz GE that whenever I'm using the headlights, I noticed that the aircon knobs, side of AT shift stick, and the power window buttons are getting warm to the touch. Not excessively hot but still noticeably warm. At first i thought it was randomly happening but recently, it's been more consistent to occur at night when I'm using the headlights.

I checked to see if my theory's correct by turning on the HL for around 5 mins and I was correct. Do you know sir the problem with this or is this even a problem and basically normal? First time to own an automatic.

By the way, the right headlight sometimes doesn't lit up. It usually takes a while unlike the left side. I'm thinking that it's related.

My plan is to try the following:
    1. Replace the headlight bulbs with the same type of halogen bulb, check if the warming issue still occurs.
    2. If 1 fails, replace with LED since it has lower wattage requirements so it shouldn't warm up anymore

What do you suggest I do sir? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    This may mean increased resistance anywhere along the circuit. Sir, i suggest that you first check that the receptacle is firmly connected to the bulb i.e. that there are no loose connections. If the symptoms persist, check the wiring for integrity. Just my two cents, Sir.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Any suggestions boss on shops that can do the electrical wiring checks? Should i check the HL related wirings only? Thank you.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by raycsreyes View Post
    Any suggestions boss on shops that can do the electrical wiring checks? Should i check the HL related wirings only? Thank you.
    You may try Jayson. He works in a lean-to shop along Banawe near the corner of Sgt. Alcaraz on the southbound side. Once in the vicinity, ask around,,,they know him.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raycsreyes View Post
    You could maybe try Wizzard along Tomas Morato.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Nag upgrade ka ba ng wattage ng headlight?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Relax. Those buttons/controls/indicators are back-lit with traditional incandescent bulbs (aka. miniature peanut bulb). They turn on as soon as you turn on the park lights (and including the headlamps). A little warm is normal.

If it gets too hot to the touch, you smell something burning, or if it starts melting the plastic, that's the only time to panic.
    Last edited by oj88; July 30th, 2018 at 01:05 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    You could maybe try Wizzard along Tomas Morato.
    Sige sir consider ko po

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Nag upgrade ka ba ng wattage ng headlight?
    2nd hand ko sir nakuha so inaassume ko po na stock pa to.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Relax. Those buttons/controls/indicators are back-lit with traditional incandescent bulbs (aka. miniature peanut bulb). They turn on as soon as you turn on the park lights (and including the headlamps). A little warm is normal.

If it gets too hot to the touch, you smell something burning, or if it starts melting the plastic, that's the only time to panic.
    Thank you sir. So normal lang pala. Observe ko pa po pero so far, wala naman po excessive heat and burning smell.