New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    got a honda city 2002 type z.

got a few questions though, how will i know if its a 1.3 or 1.5?

how will i know if the engine is vtec 0r lxi?

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aeabilar View Post
    got a honda city 2002 type z.

got a few questions though, how will i know if its a 1.3 or 1.5?

how will i know if the engine is vtec 0r lxi?

thanks
    I think theres a big letter in the engine "VTEC" color black, LXI engine ang nakalagay "honda" and color gray.lxi model are much smaller engine than vtec.

Im dont have idea in city.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    In addition there should be a chrome trim along the door edges along the gutter, door handles and side mirrors are same as the body color.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ang alam ko itong Honda city Type Z LXI Ay hyper16 fuel injected I.3 engine

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 1.5's engine would have a big "VTEC" on it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    correct sila.. or, you can check the side of the valve cover if it has a solenoid.. kung meron vtec yan pag wala non-vtec..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Check the Certificate of Registration.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    the difference between lxi and vtec is.......lxi has a smaller engine while the vtec has a bigger engine and in addition inside the engine it electronically shifts the camshaft which produce a synchronize shifting and resulting to fuel efficiency.....and its engine is strong compared to exi...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    may type z ex, lx and vtec. the lx and ex variant have almost the same physical apperance. you can only distinguish the difference with the rim (13" for lx, 14" for ex). or, check the cr. if the displacement is 1.3, that's lx. if it's 1.5, that's ex. both engines have hyper 16 valve label on the valve cover. vtec has the vtec label on the engine valve cover. also, vtec variant have rear disc brakes. i hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    may type z ex, lx and vtec. the lx and ex variant have almost the same physical apperance. you can only distinguish the difference with the rim (13" for lx, 14" for ex). or, check the cr. if the displacement is 1.3, that's lx. if it's 1.5, that's ex. both engines have hyper 16 valve label on the valve cover. vtec has the vtec label on the engine valve cover. also, vtec variant have rear disc brakes. i hope this helps.
    i have the same model car (02 1.5 MT type Z) i agree with ejaydpogi. but mine has both the VTi and VTEC emblem sa trunk door as well. i'm just not happy with the gauge panel, sana backlit sya. has any similar owner converted his/hers to the backlit replacement gauge panel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
vtec or lxi