New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I have used two sets of fortera tires on my gen 2 crv. Each set lasted only two years with my usage. I am now using the wrangler series and i am nearing two years and tire tread is still good. I would estimate this set could last at least three years with me. As far as I know, the fortera is already faced out and the wrangler series replaced it. I was not happy with fortera because of poor tread life and tends to be noisy after a few months use. Just check goodyear's website, wrangler 205/70/R15 is available.
    Thanks for your feedback sir. I guess the lady at Capitol Goodyear was selling me new old stocks already. Because I was asking for the wrangler series and she kept insisting the Fortera series.

I might end up with Yokohama instead. Seems like the locally made Yokohama has a good following.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    I was really happy also with the dunlop le mans RV (i dunno if they still sell these though). they look wider for some reason (despite having the same size 205/70/15).
    i had these, too. they phased them out; what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    How about C.drive, ok ba yung tire na ito?
    had this years ago on my sedan. handling's very good, but it's a passenger car tire. wonder if those are new stocks.

if i still had my v, next set would either be geolandar or the current wrangler.

you can always check the week and year of manufacture on the sidewall.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onewaytrip View Post
    had this years ago on my sedan. handling's very good, but it's a passenger car tire. wonder if those are new stocks. if i did not sell my v, my next set would either be the geolandar or the current wrangler. you can always check the week and year of manufacture on the sidewall.

Thanks for the reply. Already reserved a set of Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G046 model. Will pick it up in Saturday. got it at 3700 per tire (fleet discount kasi) hehe

Last edited by crazy_boy; March 8th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Already reserved a set of Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G046 model. Will pick it up in Saturday. got it at 3700 per tire (fleet discount kasi) hehe

That is a good deal for 3,700. My car came with these geolander tires when I bought it. Ok naman.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Where are you getting them? Also, you might want to consider getting the wider ones like 215 or some even have 225 on the stock rims.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thank you for all the replies.

already got the set of Yokohama Geolander G046 model with 5th week 2012 production date.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I have a Gen 1 CRV also.

Planning now to change tires to a 215 from 205

Looking at brands like Achilles, Delium, Thunderer, Aeolus, Sailun and Westlake.

I heard Indonesian tires are good compared to the chinese tyres.

Hope to hear your suggestions.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    lalakas lang konsumo sa 215 tapos bibigat pa takbo. I thought of that before, nag stick na lang ako sa 205

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    lalakas lang konsumo sa 215 tapos bibigat pa takbo. I thought of that before, nag stick na lang ako sa 205
    I see. buti pala nag-advice kayo sir. hehe thanks sir

how about 205 60 R16? Palit mags to 16. but still same width.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    on 15" or on the stock mags, 215 70 15 is ok. lalakas ng konti sa fuel consumption but barely noticeable. magmamali rin ng konti ang odometer at speedometer but again, hindi ganun ka noticeable. mas less tagtag and more firmer steering.

if you go 16", use 215 60 16. same as above. may konting mali sa speedometer at odometer but barely noticeable. mas matagtag nga lang.

ganun naging route ko kasi from stock ng gen1. currently using 225 55 17 which hurts fuel consumption and ramdam na talaga yung tagtag and the unneven roads (tires too wide). planning to go down to 215 55 17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tire Replacement for gen1 CRV - 205/70/r15