New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok, so I was able to gather good suggestions for the tire replacement for our Vios in my previous thread.

Now, I need to replace the 4 tires of my gf's gen1 CRV. I already researched in other forums, and found out that the Bridgestone H/T series is not the best tire to get. Would like to get the best tire suggestion here in Tsikot

PS, im not a fanboi

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok, so I was able to canvass from different stores already and came out with these tire brands:

1. Bridgestone 684 (i think this is the OEM tire) priced at 4300 (with install)

2. Kumho 857 priced at 4000 (with install)

3. Falken Landair CT3 priced at 4136 (with install + nitro)

all tires doesnt include cost of wheel weights and tire valves. which one would be the best option here?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try checking Yokohoma Geolandar H/Ts and the Goodyear Wrangler A/P. Were using the Wranglers on a Ford Escape and Hyundai Tucson and initial impressions are good in terms of wet grip and noise reduction versus the old Bridgestones HTs we previously had on them.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Try checking Yokohoma Geolandar H/Ts and the Goodyear Wrangler A/P. Were using the Wranglers on a Ford Escape and Hyundai Tucson and initial impressions are good in terms of wet grip and noise reduction versus the old Bridgestones HTs we previously had on them.

Thank you for your reply sir.

as per Goodyear Pasig, they dont have wrangler series for that size. what they have is the Fortera series priced at 4550. mixed review yung Fortera series.

As for the Yokohama Geolander H/T (there are several models pala, wasnt able to ask which specific model) its priced at 4k. might get this one instead. How about C.drive, ok ba yung tire na ito?

thanks
    Last edited by crazy_boy; March 7th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    go for the yokos over the bridgestones. the bridgestones wear out easily from my experience (had these also when we had the gen2 crv before). I was really happy also with the dunlop le mans RV (i dunno if they still sell these though). they look wider for some reason (despite having the same size 205/70/15).

kumhos are pretty decent as well (have these in my current tucson), but i think kumho solus yun. i think these are silicon tires.

cant say much about falkens, never had them.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    go for the yokos over the bridgestones. the bridgestones wear out easily from my experience (had these also when we had the gen2 crv before). I was really happy also with the dunlop le mans RV (i dunno if they still sell these though). they look wider for some reason (despite having the same size 205/70/15).

kumhos are pretty decent as well (have these in my current tucson), but i think kumho solus yun. i think these are silicon tires.

cant say much about falkens, never had them.
    Ok sir. Will check out Yokohama Geolander H/T or Dunlop. Though I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dunlops having bulok and exploding (unused spare) for no reason.

I will probably scratch out Bridgestone in my list for now.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    We have a 1st gen CRV running on Yoko Geolandar H/T-S's. Been quite satisfied with them. Good value, long lasting and not much road noise. Interestingly, when I checked the local website, YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR TIRE - Yokohama Tires, the R15s weren't listed anymore.

Our tires were installed 2 yrs ago so I hope Yokohama hasn't phased out the R15's.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If you are a member of S&R you can get your wheels there. That's where I got my yoko geolanders. Comes with nice warranty, free balancing every 6 months and anytime it gets punctured i think its also free repair. They will also balance it before they attach it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    If you are a member of S&R you can get your wheels there. That's where I got my yoko geolanders. Comes with nice warranty, free balancing every 6 months and anytime it gets punctured i think its also free repair. They will also balance it before they attach it.

yes, i am a member of S&R. They have good service but im sure it comes with a price. For example, a Yokohama a.drive 185/65(?)/14 tire will cost 3250 in S&R, as for the the 205/70/15 Geolander cost only 3700 in our accredited company accredited tire supplier.

However, I would like to clarify if I need to have my wheels balanced every 6 months? if not, that service will be useless since the S&R is also quite far from my place.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have used two sets of fortera tires on my gen 2 crv. Each set lasted only two years with my usage. I am now using the wrangler series and i am nearing two years and tire tread is still good. I would estimate this set could last at least three years with me. As far as I know, the fortera is already faced out and the wrangler series replaced it. I was not happy with fortera because of poor tread life and tends to be noisy after a few months use. Just check goodyear's website, wrangler 205/70/R15 is available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tire Replacement for gen1 CRV - 205/70/r15