New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys!!

I'm a first time car owner here and my baby is a 95 Civic ESi. Can you give me tips on how to maintain and take care of my car because I would really like to keep it for a long time. Do you think this is possible given that this car is already 16 years old already? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Hi guys!!

I'm a first time car owner here and my baby is a 95 Civic ESi. Can you give me tips on how to maintain and take care of my car because I would really like to keep it for a long time. Do you think this is possible given that this car is already 16 years old already? TIA!

basic:

maintenance. lahat ng fluids, under chassis parts.

and detailing/car wash.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    basic:

maintenance. lahat ng fluids, under chassis parts.

and detailing/car wash.
    How often should I have it maintained? Thanks for replying!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    1. Oil change - every 5,000 kms (since 1994 model - try using20w/50 viscosity - mineral oil will do);
    2. Oil filter change - upon every oil change;
    3. Spark plug replacements - every other oil change (use the garden variety lang, don't opt for the high tech ek ek stuff, added cost lang iyon);
    4. Brake fluid (use dot 3 ha)/Power steering fluid (dexron 3 AT fluid), transmission fluid (consult honda)/Coolant - replace using distilled water - should be given a once over (meaning changemo na ito kaagad, sabay mo na sa first oil change mo);
    5. Check your shocks and shock mounts if they are still okay (it can be done sabay sa lahat above);
    6. Pa detail mo ang interior - to get rid of the grime and dirt accumulated over the years;
    7. Check the battery kung okay pa;
    8. Change the fanbelt;
    9. Have the mechanic inspect if the timing belt is still okay, if not have it changed;
    10. Check all the lights (headlight, brakelight, taillight, parklight);

11. And don't hesitate to ask us here at tsikot kung me query ka bro. Congrats sa ride

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    additional are:
    check crankshaft pulley for possible play due to worn out pulley key.
    worst is kung napamachine shop na yan dahill yan ang isa sa sakit ng esi......

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    1. Oil change - every 5,000 kms (since 1994 model - try using20w/50 viscosity - mineral oil will do);
    2. Oil filter change - upon every oil change;
    3. Spark plug replacements - every other oil change (use the garden variety lang, don't opt for the high tech ek ek stuff, added cost lang iyon);
    4. Brake fluid (use dot 3 ha)/Power steering fluid (dexron 3 AT fluid), transmission fluid (consult honda)/Coolant - replace using distilled water - should be given a once over (meaning changemo na ito kaagad, sabay mo na sa first oil change mo);
    5. Check your shocks and shock mounts if they are still okay (it can be done sabay sa lahat above);
    6. Pa detail mo ang interior - to get rid of the grime and dirt accumulated over the years;
    7. Check the battery kung okay pa;
    8. Change the fanbelt;
    9. Have the mechanic inspect if the timing belt is still okay, if not have it changed;
    10. Check all the lights (headlight, brakelight, taillight, parklight);

11. And don't hesitate to ask us here at tsikot kung me query ka bro. Congrats sa ride
    Thanks for the detailed steps sir! I hope my car will last even though it's already 16 years old..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Don't be fooled by the cliche that Hondas are race machines.

Don't drive it too hard dahil prone sa overheat due to its weak cooling system.

Not to mention oil leaks.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by arieslhon View Post
    additional are:
    check crankshaft pulley for possible play due to worn out pulley key.
    worst is kung napamachine shop na yan dahill yan ang isa sa sakit ng esi......
    Bro, what do you mean by "napamachine shop?" Sorry I'm quite a noob when it comes to cars because I'm a first time car owner..

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    parang pag na-operahan na ng mga friendly mekaniko natin, If you know what I mean

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    parang pag na-operahan na ng mga friendly mekaniko natin, If you know what I mean
    Umm.. actually.. I don't.. hehehe.. I'm a new car owner so I'm not yet familiar with the terms..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tips on How to Take Care of My ESi