New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tigkal View Post
    Some would advise not to put in park mode during heavy traffic. kasi minsan mataranta ka and you thought putting the lever one down is drive. you step on the gas and will will move backward. lallong nataranta and lalong nadiin ang gas pedal.

maybe i got so used to putting it in P, that it became second nature to me. different strokes for different folks. i never used N.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

The "S" is second gear. You will select S when you need more engine power like trying to quickly overtake a slow moving car on the road. This will be more responsive than simply flooring the gas pedal while in "D". Its also used when you might be going down a steep road (engine brake).

The -/+ you are refering to might be the paddle shifts located directly behind the steering wheel. This lets the driver shift a gear up or down without removing his hands from the wheel. On a car like the City, it's just a toy and/or convenience option than anything else. Handy when needing downshift to overtake but not really used much after the novelty of it has worn off.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 14th, 2009 at 08:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    san makikita ang over drive?meron ba sa mazda 3 nito?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    iba iba rin talaga set up ng mga A/T ngayon... ung isa namin ganito lang itsura...

at ganito ang display kapag nasa Park - "P" yung lever.

aside from P ay R, N, & D lang ang choices at alang S or D3,2, 1...
    maybe it's because of the manumatic? i guess...

while the other one eh meron D3, 2, 1... which i believe ay for uphill driving; the lower the selection the lower range of gear/s it shifts through...

sensya na sa pics at bukod sa hindi pa nalilinisan ung car ay cel cam lang ang gamit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tips on how to drive automatic car