New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in my opinion, if you just want to increase power and not plan to race, dont go upgrading your engine. lalo na kung matino pa makina na gamit mo.

i have a LXi also ph15 engine, tapos gusto ko rin maramdaman yung vtec. so i Asked advise from some friends that are into racing and they told me... its a waste of time and money. baka yung makuha mo engine ay marami pa prob.

they let me try a d15b 20cams stock, complete with LSD tranny and upgraded suspension. hindi hamak na mas malakas pero seeing the gas level going down, to maximize power, nawalan na ko gana. 80k to upgrade to d15b, LSD tranny, p08, tune, upgrade suspension and break... aint worth it unless your going to the track and use its full potential.

pero if your set on doing it, try forced speed sa mindanao ave. they have lots of engine around.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    IMHO, if you are not into racing, an engine change is more trouble than what it is worth.

I'd rather sell the car and upgrade to a VTi or an SiR. The price for the engine, labor and tuning might come out to be more than the price difference to upgrade to these cars.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir nhoyti gusto mo talaga d mabitin sa takbo?but you will spend 100k for it.

engine block - d16y7 1.6 non vtec
    head - d15b wild cam profile
    intake - y8
    tranny - s20 or ph12
    shop - h3autoworkz

yan yung tinatawag nila na combo ng honda civic.palit k din pala jan ng fuel tank.

before im planning to upgrade my ph15 engine but when i saw the details and price i change my mind and save my 100k for a bnnew suzuki swift..hehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hyblaxx_24 View Post
    yan yung tinatawag nila na combo ng honda civic.palit k din pala jan ng fuel tank.
    Curios lang sir, sa combo ba na ito pwede gamitin yung stock ECU ng ph15a ng LXi? O rerechip nalang yung ECU?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    isay pwede eh rechip yung ecu pero mas maganda kung galing sa d15b or d16y7.mabibitin din k din daw sa hatak pag rechip ecu..thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
things to consider when upgrading engine