New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I'd like to know from you guys regarding this problem.

My friend also has a 97 Civic Lxi and he's concerned about the abnormal rising of temperature of his car. We both checked the radiator, have it drained and cleaned and we also checked the hoses and found no leaks. According to him, he often checked and filled the radiator with water before he drives. It seems all are just fine.

We've tried to observe it and in just an hour of driving or maybe less, the temp increased gradually, but dropped down to normal temp a minute after and then keep rising up and dropping down again. I haven't experienced such problem in my Civic, so I have no idea what it regarded for.

I'd appreciate your cents bros. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you checked the radiator cap if it's still in good condition or if the rubber has gotten brittle and developed cracks?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    have you checked the radiator cap if it's still in good condition or if the rubber has gotten brittle and developed cracks?

Yup, we've checked the rubber cap and rubbers. All in good condition.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    without leaks? water pump failure and radiator thermostat malfunction and/or stuck up are some of the causes. also the electricals and the thermo sending unit. HTH

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nOnOize View Post
    I'd like to know from you guys regarding this problem.

My friend also has a 97 Civic Lxi and he's concerned about the abnormal rising of temperature of his car. We both checked the radiator, have it drained and cleaned and we also checked the hoses and found no leaks. According to him, he often checked and filled the radiator with water before he drives. It seems all are just fine.

We've tried to observe it and in just an hour of driving or maybe less, the temp increased gradually, but dropped down to normal temp a minute after and then keep rising up and dropping down again. I haven't experienced such problem in my Civic, so I have no idea what it regarded for.

I'd appreciate your cents bros. Thanks!

Am I correct in my understanding that he fills the radiator with water every time he uses the car? If it is then there could be a leak at high pressure,- check out the wafer pump.

Also, what's the level of the thermostat, when you said that the "temperature is abnormally rising"?

7202:bruce_lee:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    try mo din i check ang hose na nakalagay sa coolant sir baka yung hose na papuntang coolant e natangal or hindi masyado naka ayos, pwedeng hindi mag circulate pag ganun

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    most common problem diyan yung rad fan switch ( thermoswitch sa may thermostat housing)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    He said he fills up his radiator with water every time he drives .
    Then it's suggestive of a leak, isn't it? Because n my case, I never find the coolant level in the radiator decreasing each time I check. Parang hindi normal ang palaging nagto-top-up ng water.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    malamang leak somewhere, when you say clean pinabuksan mo ba sa radiator repair shop or nag drain ka lang? baka din kasi barado na yung ibang butas at baka din may pinhole leak, hirap hanapin nito.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    check mo rin yung radiator fan and the thermoswitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Temperature abnormally rising.