New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one possibility ... radiator fan motor have worn-out carbon, may or may not rotate at times, low-power rotation ... causes similar overheating symptoms, overpressure will cause rad cap to release some water

on way to find a tiny leak is to listen for it carefully when the hot engine has just been turned off ... or feel around for some invisible steam being released (but this could be painful)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    we had a similar problem on our 96 vti recently.
    in our case, the radiator needs overhauling. we just replaced the radiator and its fixed.

Other possible things to look at could be thermoswitch ,thermostat and radiator fan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    try checking the water pump, the water pump usually leaks water just after startup when the pressure is still low (there is a hole near the water pump where the water usually goes out) but it usually stop leaking after a few km once the pressure goes up a little bit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    had that same exact problem with my Honda CRV

replaced my radiator with a new one, 10K damage for the radiator alone

check the fan also, it maybe turning off and on intermittently. mine's motor also got replaced after 80K complete checkup sa CASA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks to all your replies Bros. All were noted and helped rectify the problem. We've found out there was a small leak from one of the rubber hoses as it wasn't tightened enough. Somehow it was releasing steam causing the gradual losing of water. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Temperature abnormally rising.