New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With only 20tkms our civic stalled in San Juan area a couple of weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I love this car. I love this more than my 1.8 corolla. Its really a fun car to drive but for it to stall this early is no joke. Buti nalang hindi sa province nangyari and good thing, my insurance handled the towing remarkably.

The culprit is a damaged idler belt bearing. Honda Pasig handled the job well (I was actually surprised that they did a good job in fixing the problem, from the acceptance of the vehicle up to release, very systematic).

I heard of some stories of this model stalling due to the same problem so if you own one, might as well have the part checked.

We did not bring it to casa after the warranty - to be honest. But we also do it to our other vehicles and all of them run well without any issues.

Its really a minor fix specially since the part is not that expensive (the pms is more expensive), but the thought of it stalling in an area where help slim is scary.

Again if you own a similar vehicle...have the part checked just to be sure.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    WTF!! Tapos may dadaan sa iyo na mga 90's Sentra tapos umiiling.

That is a serious thing, 2006 model and only 20k kms on it's odo, that is no joke na itirik ka niyan sa presyo niya. Pero buti nalang at hindi yung sa slex or nlex ka itinirik, buti dito lang sa Manila.

About not bringing your car to the casa after warranty, parehas lang tayo. Ako nga 2nd PMS ko sa labas na hindi na sa casa.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    The idler are wear and tear, they are easy to replace and very inexpensive.Your idler pulley has bearings that are sealed with internal lubrication. Over time the lubrication fails and thus the bearings wear out. Usually those bearing are good from 50,000 up to 75,000 miles. Yours are less than 12,000 miles gone bad.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Hehe oo nga eh. Weder weder lang siguro. The car is running well after the replacement of the part. I just hope they fixed the problem na by replacing their stock idler bearings. I'm wary it might occur again.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    malupit naman yun. idler arm bearing lang na napatirik yun makina nang civic? hindi ba muna naging maingay bago bumigay yun bearing? usually ganyan yun magiging maingay muna.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nice reminder for all Honda 1.8s owner and other vehicle.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Any explanations why it happen? I have seen 2 of the same model car along Magallanes with the hood open in the middle of the road. I don't know if they have the same problem but it makes me think that it probably the same.
    I'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand Honda preferably that model. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Nope no indications whatsoever. The engine was running great before stalling.

Larshell: I can't think of any other explanation than a defective idler bearing. I hope they fixed this already using their new stocked parts. Don't get me wrong its a good car. Powerfull, economical, and fun to drive. But after this, reliability became an issue.

Log on to Teamfd.com.ph to know more about the model. May 2-3 cases na idler bearing defect mentioned in there. Yung iba okay naman without encountering such problem. I'm thinking maybe they had a silent recall where they replaced the part during one of the PMS schedules. Yung sa amin naman kasi out of casa maintenance na after the warranty....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the tip. Might mention this during my 10k PMS at Honda SPA, although thhat's still quite a long time from now (odo at 2500km).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ssaloon,
    I'm thinking newer models are free from the problem already. I doubt if honda spa will acknowledge the problem hehe. But just to be sure, keep it maintained by them nalang. I find Honda good in aftersales naman compared to Toyota (waaay better).

Congrats pala on your vehicle purchase ha. Sumali ka na ba sa Teamfd? Was hoping to be an OM already until my dad sold his montero (after 2 weeks) and bought the fd back from me. I now settled for a 2nd hand 1.8altis. I still get to drive the FD ocassionally everytime I miss the fun factor. hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stalled Honda Civic 1.8S 2006