New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Why do you have to floor it in the first place?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    does breaking in strictly depend on the mileage? Im in cebu where everywhere is near... so the car was bought last november 2004. Now it's been 4 years and it only has 27400+ on the odo.

so i have nothing to worry about when flooring it? nothing will happen like minor things like the belt snapping, or the aircon compressor burning out coz of the really high revs... I floor it with the aircon on by the way...

Marv, anak...dont do it baka makadisgrasya ka, o kaya ikaw ang ang madisgrasya. Either of those, there is no gain of doing. Sigi umuwi kana at dahan dahan ang maneho!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Kung saan ka masaya doon ka. Basta tandaan mo kung ikaw bumangga
    ikaw ang may sala. Kung kaya mo umabante dapat kaya mo huminto.
    Pag pakiramdam mo mali na ata ginagawa mo, aba mali na talaga at huwag ka na magtanong kung mali nga ba. Tigilan mo na.

Puede ka rin mag basa ng owners manual ng sasakyan mo kung me oras ka.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there's no problem with doing that as long as you're not exceeding the redline but be prepared on what could happen. :drive1: :shocked2::injured:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just remember an engine blow by or engine blow out will spill oil all over the car and the road your not just endagering your self but other's.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thats why i said dont get me wrong... i only do it when there are no other cars on the road. and for the possibility of getting a blown engine, thats why im asking... but yes i get your point. safety first... in fact if there are other cars around me, everyone says i drive so slow...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Revving ain't dangerous. Just don't hold it at redline for longer than a few seconds and don't bounce it off the limiter like a loon in the parking lot or when it's cold. That's all there is to it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wonder kung hanggang kelan itatagal ng engine ng tropa ko, pag sumasali sa show puro engine roar eh. bababaran sa rev limit. wahahaha.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    almost 3x a day ko giagati 1zzfe namin.. ok naman ..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    i wonder kung hanggang kelan itatagal ng engine ng tropa ko, pag sumasali sa show puro engine roar eh. bababaran sa rev limit. wahahaha.
    Depends. If he starts the car on the show floor merely to rev it, and he's pinging it off the redline on cold oil, it won't be too long before he starts seeing metal confetti coming out with the old oil on oil changes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Revving to redline: does it strain the engine?