New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i own a gen2 cr-v. the coolant is quite low already and i was wondering if i could fill it up with a coolant other than the coolant from honda. if its ok to do so, what coolant do you recommend. thanks. by the way, is it ok if i fill up the coolant reservoir with this 'new' coolant even if the radiator contains the original honda coolant.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hello Sir,

[SIZE=2]Definitely you should not put any other coolant it will damage your cooling system such as hose and some other gaskets, i already experience that Sir, anyway Honda coolant is not that expensive compare to damage that you will have soon. by the way the price of Honda genuine coolant is around 230Php for 1 Liter i think thats reasonable.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Check your car manual.

Buy something with the same specification.

May color green and yellow.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook View Post
    i own a gen2 cr-v. the coolant is quite low already and i was wondering if i could fill it up with a coolant other than the coolant from honda. if its ok to do so, what coolant do you recommend. thanks. by the way, is it ok if i fill up the coolant reservoir with this 'new' coolant even if the radiator contains the original honda coolant.
    i advice you must check it to your HONDA Dealer for your security product sa honda kasi alam na nila agad ang may problem sa crv mo. talaga u ask some one to help you with our problem regarding coolant. thanks i hope this advice that will help, thanks

question re coolant for honda cr-v