New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Tanong lang mga sir...

I've consulted a bunch of honda experts on this... just want to get your opinion... Almost all of the guys/experts/even mechanics i asked about checking ATF fluid level on an Automatic tells me "ilagay mo sa drive habang may tao sa loob ng koche na naka apak sa brake, saka mo ilubog ang dipstick para tama ang basa ng ATF fluid level"

im sure you guys have heard of this process before...

now my question is... is this really the proper way of checking ATF Fluid Level on a Honda 1995 ESI?

based from a service manual that i downloaded over the net (service manual for honda civic 1992 - 1995)... here what it says...

I just need your inputs on this one... nung nagbasa ko to sa manual, ganito na ang ginagawa ko. bakit lahat ng tao hinde ganito ang sinasabe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sundin mo lang ung nakalagay sa manual,,, pero mas maganda kung idrive mo muna civic mo maybe about 1-2km then stop kana dapat sa level ground tpos lagy mo na sa "P" shut off the engine then check the atf fluid level.

while the engine is running and in running temperature, pull out the AT dip stick.. dapat nasa full-mark yan..

NEVER CHECK KAPAG NAKA-D ANG AT...PWEDE NA SA P YAN... safety first..mahalaga, tumatakbo ang makina.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just follow the service manual regarding the correct way to check ATF fliud level and the reccomended ATF fluid and make sure you dont overfill .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Nothing experts than the one who design and make the car. If the manual say so then go for it. Don't be a fool checking your car in unsafe manner always think of safety first. This manual is design to guide you in checking your car when you are only by your ownself.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    while the engine is running and in running temperature, pull out the AT dip stick.. dapat nasa full-mark yan..

NEVER CHECK KAPAG NAKA-D ANG AT...PWEDE NA SA P YAN... safety first..mahalaga, tumatakbo ang makina.
    +1

Check ATF level with engine idling, in Park or Neutral, hand brake activated and with engine warmed up.

The dipstick will have markings for cold and warm, I believe. Fluid should be clear, bright red with no burnt smell.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat sa mga inputs sir... tama nga naman wala nang ibang may alam nyan kung hinde ang gumawa nito...

proper way of checking ATF Fluid Level on Honda ESI 1995