New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi folks, pa-assist naman po dito sa noisy power steering problem ko.

I noticed that my power steering pressure hose had a very small swelling with possibility of bursting anytime soon so I immediately planned to replace it. I called up Honda and was told that the pressure hose would cost me 10k + installation cost. Due to the price, I called up Piyeza and was told that the part was available for 2,800 + 300 installation fee.

I have heard that there were 2 aftermarket brands of the pressure hose - isang maingay at iyung isang hindi maingay which is slightly priced higher. So I asked Piyeza and they told me that what they have is the silent one. So, I immediately had it installed.

Ngayon, when I turn the steering wheel, the power steering is noisy. I could hear the "eeeennnnnnnggggg..." sound in the cabin everytime I turn left or right. No sound when I don't turn the steering wheel.

May na-encounter na ba kayong ganito? Is the sound really coming from the pressure hose? Can you recommend a shop that can fix this? Or can you recommend where I can buy the original hose at a much lower price? My ride is a civic vti-s '05.

thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by milo012007 View Post
    Hi folks, pa-assist naman po dito sa noisy power steering problem ko.

I noticed that my power steering pressure hose had a very small swelling with possibility of bursting anytime soon so I immediately planned to replace it. I called up Honda and was told that the pressure hose would cost me 10k + installation cost. Due to the price, I called up Piyeza and was told that the part was available for 2,800 + 300 installation fee.

I have heard that there were 2 aftermarket brands of the pressure hose - isang maingay at iyung isang hindi maingay which is slightly priced higher. So I asked Piyeza and they told me that what they have is the silent one. So, I immediately had it installed.

Ngayon, when I turn the steering wheel, the power steering is noisy. I could hear the "eeeennnnnnnggggg..." sound in the cabin everytime I turn left or right. No sound when I don't turn the steering wheel.

May na-encounter na ba kayong ganito? Is the sound really coming from the pressure hose? Can you recommend a shop that can fix this? Or can you recommend where I can buy the original hose at a much lower price? My ride is a civic vti-s '05.

thank you very much.

did your original p/s hose have a restrictor? did the shop who replaced your p/s hose bleed the system? are you using honda or compatible p/s fluid in the system?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Jick,

thank you for your reply. let me answer your questions as best as I could. The hose was installed by the Piyeza mechanic.

1) did your original p/s hose have a restrictor?

No idea. But what I saw is that they used all the parts that came with the p/s hose. i'm not sure which one is the restrictor.

2) did the shop who replaced your p/s hose bleed the system?

I don't think so. how do you bleed the system? Did you mean, keep the steering wheel fluid reservoir lid open, start the engine and then turn the steering wheel? If this is it, no we didn't do that. It was a quick change.

3) are you using honda or compatible p/s fluid in the system?

I'm just using the steering fluid brand that you buy from any spare part store. Not sure if it's honda compatible. I'll go ask Honda.

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi Jick,

thank you for your reply. let me answer your questions as best as I could. The hose was installed by the Piyeza mechanic.

1) did your original p/s hose have a restrictor?

No idea. But what I saw is that they used all the parts that came with the p/s hose. i'm not sure which one is the restrictor.

2) did the shop who replaced your p/s hose bleed the system?

I don't think so. how do you bleed the system? Did you mean, keep the steering wheel fluid reservoir lid open, start the engine and then turn the steering wheel? If this is it, no we didn't do that. It was a quick change.

3) are you using honda or compatible p/s fluid in the system?

I'm just using the steering fluid brand that you buy from any spare part store. Not sure if it's honda compatible. I'll go ask Honda.

thanks.

some p/s hose have restrictors to reduce the growl. this is installed along the length of the hose and appears as if it were a metallic tube or ferrule around the circumference of the hose. honda and acura are very sensitive to other than honda/acura compatible p/s fluid. as far as bleeding the system, this is usually done with the front tires unloaded (taken off the ground) and the car is on jackstands or car hoist, then, with the engine running at idle, turn the wheel left to right, right to left and so on avoiding hitting turn stops in either direction until the noise is eliminated. your "mechanic" is an amateur. have him do the process at earliest convenience or your pump gets damaged by cavitation

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Jick, thank you bro. I'll quickly check on your suggestions. again thanks. balitaan kita kung mawawala iyung tunog.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    dont use off the shelf ps fluid. use only Honda PSF.

may ganito ding tunog yung ES ko... mahal pala ng hose.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Jick, thank you bro. I'll quickly check on your suggestions. again thanks. balitaan kita kung mawawala iyung tunog.
    Sir kamusta ang nawala na ba ang problem? Have a similar problem na may ingay or ugong na tunog when I turn the steering wheel.

Not sure if may ugong when I turn the steering wheel while running (road noise kasi from the outside mas malakas) but it is more evident when I turn the steering wheel from stand still.

Also, from time to time biglang tumitigas ang steering wheel from stand still. Kapag ganito umaabante ako ng unti then lalambot na ulit ang steering wheel.

Ang nakakainis is lumabas lahat ang problem AFTER ko ipa- O/H ang power steering pump ko and changed the hoses, kasi sabi ng CASA may leaks na daw. But nung hindi pa pinapagawa ok pa lahat!

Btw, ang pressure hose is the hose na nakakabit sa taas ng power steering pump diba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what I remember a long time ago, Meron din brand ng mga hose, parang good year yata magandang brand, pars walang ingay aside from same diameter etc

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just bleed the system para tahimik. Even a 12k hose will make noises if you dont bleed it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good year, bridgestone, etc ang gamit ng hose shops. Pang high pressure applications unlike the flimsy original hose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Power Steering Pressure hose inquiry