New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    voltscastillo,
    Nice advice to the TS bro.

AeBbyGurL,
    If you want to get a CRV.. Go For a GEN1 (1998-2000)
    I have no complaints on the Size/Build, Gas Consumption, Space, etc.
    If your main problem is Gas Consumption
    To tell you honestly it's natural on a SUV/Compact SUV's..
    I get an average of 7-9KMS/L Mix City and Highway, w/ Traffics, etc.
    It's because of the Total Weight of Car w/ Passengers, etc.
    but you could increase that Mileage if you want.
    Proper Maintenance is the Key & Some Modifications.

As for checking the status of the Car Engine before buying.
    Make a Checklist/Print out of the advice of voltscastillo.
    He knows what's hes saying.
    Upon opening the Engine pa lang alam mo na kung maalaga.
    With the Body Paint, Check mo kung may kinakalawang sa Doors/Trunk.
    Of Course if the paint is in good condition it's a plus.
    But in the End.
    You cant have everything.

I do own a CRV GEN1
    Heathermist Silver
    1998 Model to be specific.
    Reliable & Worry Free Car.
    Kahit punuin mo ng Passengers at Gamit
    Kayang kaya itravel ng malayo.
    Malakas ang hatak kahit mabigat.
    Good Breaking Distance/Even Force (depends on the pad)
    All Weather, All Events, Very Good Family Car.
    This one is for keeps!

My Daughter with my V

HTH

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ill go for the 4x4 tucson

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    quality cars...? chambahan din kasi yan paps. if i were you, bubulungan ko yung isang service advisor ng casa, kamo pahiram ng isang mekaniko na pwede isama sa weekend habang nagsho shopping ng honda. di ko lang alam magkano TF ng mga yan. maybe 500-1000 for a full day of looking over cars...

all hondas are reliable basta alagaan. kahit nga hindi na aalagan they're still fairly reliable... sa states may mga tumatakbo pa na 87 model civic. tuklap, kalawang na yung paint at hindi pa na ooil change ng 2 taon, umaandar pa rin. may video nga sa net na nilagyan ng tubig yung honda engine imbes na oil... ilang oras nila ni-racing bago nasira....

never pay more than 500 for a well kept model. best price would be 380-450. 500k ang hinihingi dapat ang kilometrahe nun 5000 lang tas amoy bago pa pag sinakyan hehehehe

SUper thank you sa lahat ng inputs-- ngayun ko lang nabasa.. kasi d nga ako marunong dito sa mga forums (dko mahanap yun pinost ko.. kala ko nawala na sya.. hehe.. sorry) . pero i felt that i was compelled to join bec i'd like to read on and hear from people who knows a lot more than i do when it comes to cars. i've only driven 2 cars before.. and i didnt have to think of anything. now i think i have to. so-- thank you so so much for helping me out. i called someone today he was selling a 2000 model 80k mileage for 385, i think. then he told me somebody gave him a down payment already (i didnt even know you can do that to have it reserved) then he told me that he has another one.. 2002 model 47k mileage. he was telling me that the 2nd gen is better.. gas wise.. is that really true? kahet yan nlang po sagutin nio.. kasi dko alam sagot or kanino ko itatanong eh.. sensya na talaga. and maraming maraming salamat tlga! you're a BIG help!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyl Ryan View Post
    voltscastillo,

AeBbyGurL,

But in the End.

I do own a CRV GEN1
    Heathermist Silver
    This one is for keeps!

My Daughter with my V

HTH

yun po tlga balak kong gawen.. i-print eto kasi i can't memorize it. and yes i'll be bringing a mechanic with me bec i surely dont know what all these are. and tumitingin lang ako online.. then most of the time when i call them sold na daw. nun first few times.. nasasad pa ko. ngayun i'm taking my time and not rush this bec it's very important that i check on everything. Bilin ko nlang kaya yun crv nio? hehehe.. joke lang! sabe nio kasi maganda yun sa inyo. well.. am lucky to have been given ur time. thanks a lot! and may i find a good one as well. by the way.. pag di kayo busy.. eh.. can i get ur opinion dun sa crv na nakausap ko. i mean yun seller-- 470k daw eh 2002.. hanap nlang ba ko ng iba and wag yan? (2nd gen)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AeBbyGurL View Post
    then he told me that he has another one.. 2002 model 47k mileage. he was telling me that the 2nd gen is better.. gas wise.. is that really true? kahet yan nlang po sagutin nio.. kasi dko alam sagot or kanino ko itatanong eh.. sensya na talaga. and maraming maraming salamat tlga! you're a BIG help!
    I own a gen 1 CRV 2001 model, well for me this CRV beats the gen 2, looks, performance and fuel consumption wise.

As for the seller that says that his gen 2 is a better buy than the gen 1, you have read all our inputs about the issue. It's our posts and experiences against his word, hopefully you can make a wise and sound decision. Good Luck.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyl Ryan View Post
    voltscastillo,

AeBbyGurL,

But in the End.

I do own a CRV GEN1
    Heathermist Silver
    This one is for keeps!

My Daughter with my V

HTH

hehe, cute kid. you can hand her that machine behind her when she grows old enough to drive . pero i don't know kung relevant pa yung crv nun. baka pag sixteen nung kid mo puro hybrid na gamit natin hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yun po tlga balak kong gawen.. i-print eto kasi i can't memorize it. and yes i'll be bringing a mechanic with me bec i surely dont know what all these are. and tumitingin lang ako online.. then most of the time when i call them sold na daw. nun first few times.. nasasad pa ko. ngayun i'm taking my time and not rush this bec it's very important that i check on everything. Bilin ko nlang kaya yun crv nio? hehehe.. joke lang! sabe nio kasi maganda yun sa inyo. well.. am lucky to have been given ur time. thanks a lot! and may i find a good one as well. by the way.. pag di kayo busy.. eh.. can i get ur opinion dun sa crv na nakausap ko. i mean yun seller-- 470k daw eh 2002.. hanap nlang ba ko ng iba and wag yan? (2nd gen)
    marami nako nabenta na kotse ko online, pero i have yet to buy online. usually i go to buy and sell shops na lang, kasi andun lang tabi tabi na sila iba iba pa model. although mahal dun, well, pwede naman negotiate yan. pag nakita mo na more than 100k ang patong over internet prices tas ayaw magpatawad, wag ka bumili dun. binabayaran mo kasi jan yung upa sa pwesto, yung pag ayos nila, commission ng bantay, at tubo ng seller. pag hindi reasonable, dont buy. pag amoy keso or amoy pawis sa loob ng unit, dont buy. pag namumuti na yung paint, dont buy. pag napaka ingay ng makina, dont buy, etc etc...

i don't like the gen 2 models, except for those equipped with 4wd. SUV nga wala naman 4wd kahit yung full time 4x4, ano magagawa mo dun? buy a big 4 door sedan with lots of space, at least it will handle better.

gen 2 also has higher gas consumption DAW. i never had one so i can't qualify that answer. pero rumor has it that it gets only 6km/liter. that's like ford expedition on max economy mode. if i were to run a car normally at 5-6km/liter, i'd get an expedition na lang... 450 lang sa buy and sell, napaka luwag at napaka pogi ko pa pag sinakyan ko.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    matalbog yung gen2. sa C5 na kami dumadaan ng boss ko pero antalbog, sobra. parang suspension ng jeep hindi exaggerated na yun. basta matalbog.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    marami nako nabenta na kotse ko online, pero i have yet to buy online. usually i go to buy and sell shops na lang, kasi andun lang tabi tabi na sila iba iba pa model. although mahal dun, well, pwede naman negotiate yan. pag nakita mo na more than 100k ang patong over internet prices tas ayaw magpatawad, wag ka bumili dun. binabayaran mo kasi jan yung upa sa pwesto, yung pag ayos nila, commission ng bantay, at tubo ng seller. pag hindi reasonable, dont buy. pag amoy keso or amoy pawis sa loob ng unit, dont buy. pag namumuti na yung paint, dont buy. pag napaka ingay ng makina, dont buy, etc etc...

i don't like the gen 2 models, except for those equipped with 4wd. SUV nga wala naman 4wd kahit yung full time 4x4, ano magagawa mo dun? buy a big 4 door sedan with lots of space, at least it will handle better.

gen 2 also has higher gas consumption DAW. i never had one so i can't qualify that answer. pero rumor has it that it gets only 6km/liter. that's like ford expedition on max economy mode. if i were to run a car normally at 5-6km/liter, i'd get an expedition na lang... 450 lang sa buy and sell, napaka luwag at napaka pogi ko pa pag sinakyan ko.

ayan.. etong reply na to i completely understand.. hindi scientific ang dating sakin.. hehehe! cge.. i'll look for a 1st Gen and stick to it. if I may ask.. san ka po ba buy ng cars mo? kasi nun nagpunta ko dun sa ganun.. ang mahal! yun 2002 ang presyo is 600k! nagulat naman ako dun kaya online na uli ako naghanap. sabe sa kin lastprice daw 560k and i found it highfaluting. napaisip nga ko na kung may mabibili ba tlga ko. kasi yun unang budget ko was 300-350 tas naging hangang 400 max na. tas nun narinig kong 600k.. as i browse and hear from people-- i can still get a crv within my set budget. do you guys have any suggestion as to where i can personally go and have a look? am from makati..

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    ayan.. etong reply na to i completely understand.. hindi scientific ang dating sakin.. hehehe! cge.. i'll look for a 1st Gen and stick to it. if I may ask.. san ka po ba buy ng cars mo? kasi nun nagpunta ko dun sa ganun.. ang mahal! yun 2002 ang presyo is 600k! nagulat naman ako dun kaya online na uli ako naghanap. sabe sa kin lastprice daw 560k and i found it highfaluting. napaisip nga ko na kung may mabibili ba tlga ko. kasi yun unang budget ko was 300-350 tas naging hangang 400 max na. tas nun narinig kong 600k.. as i browse and hear from people-- i can still get a crv within my set budget. do you guys have any suggestion as to where i can personally go and have a look? am from makati..

boss sobrang mahal nyan...kung bibili ka ng 1st generation ang range nyan is 350-450k...mahal na yung 450k (check volt's criteria of a good car, kung ok lhat dun, mga ganyan ang presyo)...and kung kaya nyo magmaneho ng M/T mas maganda maghanap ng manual na maganda, sobrang lakas po ng A/T sa gas...bili ka boss ng car finder, or dalaw ka sa mga auto seller along edsa {medyo may kamahalan nga lang dun}, or hingi ka ng invitation to bid sa mga bangko ung mga repossessed vehicles...meron yata akong nakitang 1st gen crv for sale kaya lang sampaloc area sya eh...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Please help.. crv or not crv..