New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hi.. i was trying to look for a CRV this past few days.. then a link brought me to a forum here regarding CRVs. I was so sure i wanted to get a crv until i've read the thread. i was trying to look for a 2002 model.. 400k. but after reading what they said.. i really don't know what to do now. Is it really that bad? Or is it okay/better if i get the 2000-2001 model? Or should i just forget about even getting one? we're considering the space kasi. got two kids.. and sometimes when we travel.. we have a lot of stuff.. so we thought of getting a crv.. pero now.. am not sure.. is the crv 01-02 model really bad??? please help me naman po.. i'd really appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    have driven both gen 1 and gen 2 (8 seater)crv's... both auto tranny

ride comfort
    maganda ang gen1, compared to the 8 seater gen 2 ang talbog sobra, mas malambot pa ride ng besta namin na luma kesa sa gen 2 ng sister ko

interior space
    konti lang nilaki ng gen 2

gas consumption
    worst consumption ko sa gen 1 A/T was 5kms/l, mild traffic, sta. mesa to valanzuela, normal driving walang hataw
    di ko nasukat sa gen2, binenta na kasi and gen 1 ang pumalit...hehehe

i still prefer the looks of the gen1 over any other versions of the crv.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    eto pala model guide from wikipedia

gen1 1996-2001

gen 2 2002-2006
    naglabas dito ng 4x2 version na 8 seater na first release, eto yung matalbog yung ride...

gen 3 (current model)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    there are better options. around how much are you willing to spend?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    have driven both gen 1 and gen 2 (8 seater)crv's... both auto tranny

ride comfort
    maganda ang gen1, compared to the 8 seater gen 2 ang talbog sobra, mas malambot pa ride ng besta namin na luma kesa sa gen 2 ng sister ko

interior space
    konti lang nilaki ng gen 2

gas consumption
    worst consumption ko sa gen 1 A/T was 5kms/l, mild traffic, sta. mesa to valanzuela, normal driving walang hataw
    di ko nasukat sa gen2, binenta na kasi and gen 1 ang pumalit...hehehe

i still prefer the looks of the gen1 over any other versions of the crv.

thanks po sa reply.. na se-stress po kasi tlga ko now because of what i've read. Then I asked my cousin and he was telling me to go for toyota since mas mura daw yun sa gas, maintainance and all. kaso parang my mind was somewhat fixed sa idea nun crv kaya.. eto am asking people who might know better. umm.. i have another question.. if i may.. like how much in Php would it cost a crv to go from makati to nagtahan?! sorry po if makulit ako.. kaso guguluhan tlga ako eh.. thanks po!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    there are better options. around how much are you willing to spend?
    maz na po cguro yun 400k. i tried to search the net for like days now.. and i've seen a couple of crv.. within the budget. yun nga lang naguluhan nko today if i really wanna go for it dahel nga yun nabasa ko d2.. they sold theirs bec mahal daw sa gas etc. and thank you po pala for replying.. it's really appreciated.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    gas consumption will depend on how you drive and traffic conditions. they say the manual versions get better milage maybe plus 1 km/L.

as for toyota, the rav4 gen 1 has a harsher ride than the gen1 crv. have driven the rav4 of my partner, never got to calculate the milage but the ride is still better than the gen 2 crv.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    gen 1 malakas sa gas at panget. gen2 mas panget mukang pang kayod ng yelo

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ah okay. so.. you'd say i still go for the 1st gen crv? is there really a Big diff bet driving a crv or a toyota? i mean.. money wise.. gas wise--

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    everything is relative .. if you like the crv .. buy the crv ..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Please help.. crv or not crv..