New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah, i know. kaso iniisip ko lang ksi baka i'm not being practical. yeah i like crv.. i like how it looks and all. then i started checking out the ads.. tas yun.. when i read stuff today d2 sa isang forum.. it made me think. na baka naman dapat ko nga i consider na may iba pang options. right now.. i really don't know them yet. and i'm sorry.. naguguluhan lang ako and thanks tlga sa inyo who replied to me..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah, i know. kaso iniisip ko lang ksi baka i'm not being practical. yeah i like crv.. i like how it looks and all. then i started checking out the ads.. tas yun.. when i read stuff today d2 sa isang forum.. it made me think. na baka naman dapat ko nga i consider na may iba pang options. right now.. i really don't know them yet. and i'm sorry.. naguguluhan lang ako and thanks tlga sa inyo who replied to me..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kung crv type mo, go for it, ika nga nila kung ano taste mo, go for that para di ka magsisi.

just bring along a trusted mechanic para makilatis ng husto yung car na tinitingnan mo.

as for spending on parts di naman nagkakalayo prices ng parts nila and both share a few parts from their sedan brothers, the crv from the accord, and the rav4 from the corona. parts availability both madami sa banawe, original and repalcements even surplus.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've owned a gen 1 CRV, and besides the fact na tumatanda nako at ayoko na mag clutch (manual transmission kasi) i liked that vehicle. lots of torque, kahit saan mo idaan kaya nya, kahit sa putik at grava. i sold it because ang tigas ng clutch (do not buy a manual CRV).

fuel consumption is 9-10 highway, 7-9 city. just be sure to use fuel conserving oil, clean air filters regularly, and keep your tyres inflated.

gobs of space. pwede p lagyan ng benches sa likod for small kids. pero sa harap yung aircon eh, so baka mainitan a likod.

i would get a very well maintained 1st gen if i were you. very reliable. very comfortable. spacious din (a 5 foot tall person can make kuyakoy sa back seat... thats a lotta legroom). be prepared lang to have the underchassis fixed when you get it, and the engine cooling system checked.

there are 2 engine versions of the 1st gen crv... b20 and b20z. the b20z gets about an additional 20hp at the wheels. i would also get an automatic.... have the casa flush and drain before taking it anywhere. 4x4 system works well and is enough for most roads (just replace the diff fluid with 1.5 liters of honda atf para mawala yung ugong sound when turning).

gen 2 CRV looks smaller, but looks ok nman. i would get a 4x4 version of this car, because i drive long distances and you never know when you might need this feature.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Have you considered the possible high maintenance cost when you get the older model?

7707:band:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    used to have a gen2 crv 8seater. super talbog. better get 4x4 springs for the rear.

check the aircon compressor of gen2's...pag tunog may sayad na yan, 20k ang bnew nyan.

gas...i got the BEST * 7km/li. ordinarily 6km/li a/t pala yung akin.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i've owned a gen 1 CRV, and besides the fact na tumatanda nako at ayoko na mag clutch (manual transmission kasi) i liked that vehicle. lots of torque, kahit saan mo idaan kaya nya, kahit sa putik at grava. i sold it because ang tigas ng clutch (do not buy a manual CRV).

fuel consumption is 9-10 highway, 7-9 city. just be sure to use fuel conserving oil, clean air filters regularly, and keep your tyres inflated.

gobs of space. pwede p lagyan ng benches sa likod for small kids. pero sa harap yung aircon eh, so baka mainitan a likod.

i would get a very well maintained 1st gen if i were you. very reliable. very comfortable. spacious din (a 5 foot tall person can make kuyakoy sa back seat... thats a lotta legroom). be prepared lang to have the underchassis fixed when you get it, and the engine cooling system checked.

there are 2 engine versions of the 1st gen crv... b20 and b20z. the b20z gets about an additional 20hp at the wheels. i would also get an automatic.... have the casa flush and drain before taking it anywhere. 4x4 system works well and is enough for most roads (just replace the diff fluid with 1.5 liters of honda atf para mawala yung ugong sound when turning).

gen 2 CRV looks smaller, but looks ok nman. i would get a 4x4 version of this car, because i drive long distances and you never know when you might need this feature.

Thanks for your reply. i'm happy to have read it. so when i check on the 1st gen automatic crv.. what is the most important thing that i would have to remember? Or probably THINGS.. that i shouldn't miss.. para ok yun car na makuha ko? Or.. do you suggest a place for me to go na they are known for selling quality cars? penge pa po akong tips ha? when you have time.. thank you po!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    automatic shifting should be fluid and have very little jerking... should have no noise other than engine revving up or down as the car shifts, plus, car should still shift effortlessly uphill/downhill (crvs were among the 1st to have the grade logic system in the automatics... computer sensed ang uphill downhill grades)

no suspicious rattles or clanking sound sa engine (expensive repair kung meron). it should also start immediately (pag tatlong start wala pa din walk away).

coolant reservoir should be color green or red indicating coolant (plain water walk away di marunong mag alaga yung may ari nyan).

run the engine with aircon on. aircon should be cool immediately 1st 5 mins. engine temp should not rise beyond half the gauge when running around the test drive area for 15-20 mins (pag umangat anywhere near 70% of the gauge area walk away).

behind the wheel, the car should drive and ride like a premium vehicle with 4x4 (that is, quiet, no rattluing or shaking or weird noises). it should not ride like a rundown taxicab or an abused kia pride.

cguro ok lang kung may konting kalampag... dali na pagawa yun anjan naman yung cruven/zee. kung meron haggle like there is no tomorrow... kamo shocks pa lang nyan 7000 na isa. sabay pagawa mo sa cruven 10,000 pero repaired na buong pang ilalim mo nun hehehehe

b20 engine has a tall, giraffe neck intake towards the rear of the engine. b20z, the updated engine for true 2000 and early 2001 models, have a flat, rectangle intake at the same location. both engines are ok but the b20z is newer, so...

i personally like the color red and white lalo na kung body colored din yung bumpers.

do not buy crvs with ridiculous looking mag wheels that are too big, and very noisy "racing" engines kuno. laspag mga yan. ideally, look for sellers who have families with responsible looking fathers who look like the type who spends for casa maintenance.

yun lang.. sorry long post hehe. na-aalala ko yung kotse ko dati huhuhu

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AeBbyGurL View Post
    Thanks for your reply. i'm happy to have read it. so when i check on the 1st gen automatic crv.. what is the most important thing that i would have to remember? Or probably THINGS.. that i shouldn't miss.. para ok yun car na makuha ko? Or.. do you suggest a place for me to go na they are known for selling quality cars? penge pa po akong tips ha? when you have time.. thank you po!
    quality cars...? chambahan din kasi yan paps. if i were you, bubulungan ko yung isang service advisor ng casa, kamo pahiram ng isang mekaniko na pwede isama sa weekend habang nagsho shopping ng honda. di ko lang alam magkano TF ng mga yan. maybe 500-1000 for a full day of looking over cars...

all hondas are reliable basta alagaan. kahit nga hindi na aalagan they're still fairly reliable... sa states may mga tumatakbo pa na 87 model civic. tuklap, kalawang na yung paint at hindi pa na ooil change ng 2 taon, umaandar pa rin. may video nga sa net na nilagyan ng tubig yung honda engine imbes na oil... ilang oras nila ni-racing bago nasira....

never pay more than 500 for a well kept model. best price would be 380-450. 500k ang hinihingi dapat ang kilometrahe nun 5000 lang tas amoy bago pa pag sinakyan hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yun nga eh. yan nga yun iniisip ko-- kasi i've been browsing.. checking kung ano ba tlga.. then i came across yun mazda3.. sabe kasi matipid daw sa gas yun. so i checked it out. dko alam if i should go for the newer model? Or really find a nice 2001 CRV. may nagbebenta sa kin 2002 Silver matic 47T km at 470k.. then i saw yun mazda 3 na 2004 460k and half yun mileage.. dko alam what's better. although.. we really wanted a crv because of the SPACE. that's teh first consideration. got kids and nannies.. so.. ayun.. ang gulo dko lam if MAS dapat mas bago. wala din naman tlga kong alam sa mga iba pang mga dapat i consider bec i dunno much about cars.. all i know is that i'd like to get yun best.. and sana yun d magastos sa gas. sabe kasi sa kin nun nagbebenta mas ok daw yun 2nd gen nya dahel mas matipid s agas kasi may gas saver na daw yun 2nd gen.. totoo ba yun?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Please help.. crv or not crv..