New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi guys! recently i experienced my reliable ph12 engine has idling problems. at cold start it starts but dies after. bomba konti then ok na. but when you open the a/s idle drops and car dies.

changed the sparks already and cleaned throttle bodt with carb cleaner. had my throttle simuled also.

tried adjusting the idling via the screw at the back of the carb but i feel its high naman when the a/c shuts off.

what could be the prob? should i also get aftermarket tachometers? and what is the proper idle for my hatch? thanks so much*!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    pls any reply? thanks

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    timing. also vacuum problem. check hoses. plug any that's open.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    have you serviced your distributor lately? sometimes leaks occur inside the distributor. Oil will then enter and heat up.causing ground in your electrical system (the ones supplying your spark plug). damage from busted oil seal can result in a complete failure in the distributor which then would cost you more to replace than to repair(repack).

Just a thought.hope this helps

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhage View Post
    have you serviced your distributor lately? sometimes leaks occur inside the distributor. Oil will then enter and heat up.causing ground in your electrical system (the ones supplying your spark plug). damage from busted oil seal can result in a complete failure in the distributor which then would cost you more to replace than to repair(repack).

Just a thought.hope this helps
    havent serviced it yet. thanks for the tips!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    timing. also vacuum problem. check hoses. plug any that's open.
    i saw one of the tubes that has no hose attached ti it at the back of the carb. should i plug it??

ph12 idle problem when ac is on