New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys! I am new here. I need opinions/suggestions on having my 2006 city rustproofed/undercoated. Is it really needed? I heard that new cars are factory rustproofed. So it is not needed then? how about undercoat? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    It is correct that your car has been treated to prevent or minimize premature rust (the process which is known as rustproofing or rustproofed)

Undercoating is more like a black protective chemical solution sprayed on the underside of the car. People opt to have this service as an added protection from scratches/scrape (that can cause premature rust) or accumulation of dirt (source of moisture therefore premature rust)

For more details, do a search of an existing thread that discusses in details the tenets of rustproofing and undercoating.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks bro! I will do that. Knowing the kind of road we have here and the floods during rainy season, I'll probably have it undercoated for added protection.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by matty
    Thanks bro! I will do that. Knowing the kind of road we have here and the floods during rainy season, I'll probably have it undercoated for added protection.

Suggestion, If you have an extra budget try to avail a full rust proof protection.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok lang ba yung Ziebart? Is it worth it? And how about my warranty sa casa, will it be affected? medyo hesitant kasi ako dun sa idea na bubutasan yung doors sa sides.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please search.

aftermarket rustproofing are proven scams in other countries...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm... will check on it. Thanks theveed!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Honda rust proof my car and undercoat it as well nung dinala ko for 20,000 kilometer for change oil and stuff. nabasag nga lng ng mga bugoy ung crystal side markers ko napansin ko lng nakauwi ako.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ano yung crystal side marker? that's bad news

how much did it cost at saang honda mo pinagawa?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by matty
    ano yung crystal side marker? that's bad news

how much did it cost at saang honda mo pinagawa?

sa honda alabang around 9k nagastos ko kasama na change oil,spark plug etc etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Opinion needed re undercoating and rustproofing