New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I need help and advice on what to do. I bought a used Honda City 2005 1.5 Vtec last January. All is well until I brought the car to Honda Cars Quezon City (where the previous owner had it maintained).

I brought it there for an oil change and to have the car a maintenance check (45.6K but they recorded it as 50K). All was well and they did a lot of repairs and maintenance. I also had the under chassis treated with rust proofing (as HCQC also recommended). I got the car a day after.

Here's the problem. I noticed the left headlamp moist (may condensate sa plastic inside). This is new because it never showed any moisture inside the lamp even after I had the car detailed (Berts) and washed several times before.

The HCQC agent said normal daw yun and so did this pakialamero client there. Pa initin lang daw. Ok since I guess they should know better than me I left with the car. This was monday March 2.

Since tuesday morning the left side always had moisture which dries up after 2 hours everyday. Wala naman ito before. What gives?

So is this alright? I mean if this happens daily then the left lamp will cloud and wear out faster, right?

Should I just ignore it? or complain to HCQC? What should I do?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post

Should I just ignore it? or complain to HCQC? What should I do?
    I suggest have Honda address it. it's a simple process of just opening the headlamp, drying the insides, then reseal the assembly and that should take care of the problem. my uncle has a 07 honda city and he had this problem since day one he got the car. he just ignored it. pero last december, he had his headlamps smoked, and the installer said that may moisture lang sa loob na nde makalabas. it's been 2mos now and no more moisture after resealing.

but, then again, why shell out money for something they caused on your ride?
    just be firm with them that you never had this issure before them working on the unit.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Honestly, that's not at all normal-

If cloudy headlights are normal then it only means an abnormal person is tolerating it.

Just have it checked and resealed, may pinapasukan ng moisture yan kaya nagkakaganyan.

I used to drive a Honda City 2006 model then traded it for Jazz and mine does not do that.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mine is a 03 civic and it always has condensation... been that way for almost a year now.

dries up on sunny days after being driven for abt an hour or two. doesn't affect the headlight light throw (well, not effect that i can see, anyway). so apart from little droplets after a particularly cool night, or after engine washing it myself, i guess its ok. can't be bothered to take it to the casa, too, so...

honda sometimes undertakes an engine wash or a car wash for customers that they like or as part of their QA, depending on the number of cars lined up for release. baka nung na engine wash nila tinamaan nung pressure hose yung parang o-seal ring sa headlight. medyo unlikely, but it does happen.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    I suggest have Honda address it. it's a simple process of just opening the headlamp, drying the insides, then reseal the assembly and that should take care of the problem. my uncle has a 07 honda city and he had this problem since day one he got the car. he just ignored it. pero last december, he had his headlamps smoked, and the installer said that may moisture lang sa loob na nde makalabas. it's been 2mos now and no more moisture after resealing.

but, then again, why shell out money for something they caused on your ride?
    just be firm with them that you never had this issure before them working on the unit.
    I did before I left when I brought the car for the regular maintenance. Normal nga daw yun.

I was also firm but then they insisted normal nga daw.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    mine is a 03 civic and it always has condensation... been that way for almost a year now.

dries up on sunny days after being driven for abt an hour or two. doesn't affect the headlight light throw (well, not effect that i can see, anyway). so apart from little droplets after a particularly cool night, or after engine washing it myself, i guess its ok. can't be bothered to take it to the casa, too, so...

honda sometimes undertakes an engine wash or a car wash for customers that they like or as part of their QA, depending on the number of cars lined up for release. baka nung na engine wash nila tinamaan nung pressure hose yung parang o-seal ring sa headlight. medyo unlikely, but it does happen.
    It's not normal. As av427 said medyo abnormal to accept it.

I found a DIY solution in the web and it worked.

I pulled the lamp out, inserted silica gel in pouches (tied with string to pull it out again) and the moisture is gone. I kept the silica gel in for 6 hours.

Thanks for those who helped.

As for HCQC....

Need help on Honda City