New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi guys im planing to be an ek4..1st of all are there any local ek4(hatcback) sold here in the phil or they are all surplus?, if surplus are the any orig LHD?are they made in korea or japan? my friend mentioned to me that there are fake copies of ek4 is this true?if so how can you spot the orig from the fake?
    what should an ek4 have for an engine is is an SOHC vtec engine same as the 99vti or DOHC vtec same as an sir? is there an 99-00 model or only 96-98?most of the ek4 i have notice are matic tranny are there any manual tranny ?

and lastly what are the pros and cons about this car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    what is the diff of an ek4 ang an ek9?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Alam ko walang local na ek4 hatchback converted into LHD mga yun.Ingat ka lang sa mga converted.Rare ang manua tranny na ek4.Alam ko meron akong nakita na binebenta na ek4 for 400k ata.Naka cf hood na.I've written an article about it entitled a scary experience.It is about a ek3 hatchback went to the right for no reason while going for an overtake in costal road.
    Last edited by gearspeed; March 30th, 2009 at 09:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    what do you mean it went right for no reason ?oversteer to the right? ano dapat babantayan in buying a converted ek4?does it understeer and oversteer? is buying an ek4hatch better than buying an 5dor99vti?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joshi View Post
    hi guys im planing to be an ek4..1st of all are there any local ek4(hatcback) sold here in the phil or they are all surplus?, if surplus are the any orig LHD?are they made in korea or japan? my friend mentioned to me that there are fake copies of ek4 is this true?if so how can you spot the orig from the fake?
    what should an ek4 have for an engine is is an SOHC vtec engine same as the 99vti or DOHC vtec same as an sir? is there an 99-00 model or only 96-98?most of the ek4 i have notice are matic tranny are there any manual tranny ?

and lastly what are the pros and cons about this car?
    i have an ek myself i p.m.ed you already, to answer your question, alll ek in the philippines are surplus, there arent any orig lhd, they are all from japan, fake eks are those na putol putol, vti ang harap pero ek ang pweet, seen many of them , tiinganan mo ilalim ng mga mating kung may dugtong like sa may windshield, may pintuan at pwetan nya, tghese are done para ma register nila ek, sohc ang ek4, dohc ang ek9, halos lahat ng ek ay matic, unless nag change engine sya at nagpaklit din ng transmission

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by joshi View Post
    what do you mean it went right for no reason ?oversteer to the right? ano dapat babantayan in buying a converted ek4?does it understeer and oversteer? is buying an ek4hatch better than buying an 5dor99vti?
    It suddenly went to the right while in costal road.If you saw a ek hatch for sale in the evangelista don't buy it.
    Last edited by gearspeed; April 2nd, 2009 at 09:23 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i personally wouldn't want to buy an ek hatch. everybody knows it's a converted unit with real safety issues that must be addressed before you even begin to race with it. they're also cheap. if lap times are my only concern in acquiring one, i would maybe think about it (lighter body than the sedan). either that or ibibigay sakin ng 150k PERO naka b16 na, or k20.

there's lots of local EKs running around here, puro sedan nga lang, but with none of the risks involved in an ek hatch from cebu/port irene with the welded solid ball and tie rod joints (i wonder how that handles sa straights? must be a pig to steer that lap after lap).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ok but im not into racing i just want an everyday car that fits in my garage hehehe..dati i had a 99civic sedan but hindi mag fit sa garage ko..actually fit cya but hindi ma close un gate ang i dont want it siting outside the haus wid all the tambays so i had to sell it, i need a smaller car hindi ko naman kaya un jazz sobrang mahal naman and un hatcback na 93 medyo old na kc, im thinking picanto but hmm i want a sporty look na car hehe...anyway back to the topic hehe my friend is selling me his ek3 (hatchback) manual daw im wondering whats the dif betwen ek3 hatch and an ek4? are there spare parts avail sa mga autoshops nito ?like timming belt,waterpump,oilseal,un pangilalim and etc?or do i have to order the parts from japan ?
    and by the way my friend told me that he used a conversion kit for the ek3 hatch how would i know that he really used a conversion kit for this?l

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    punta ka sa honda casa, at contratahin mo isang mekaniko dun, kamo may papatingin ka na civic 97 hatchback na converted sa weekend or day-off nya. bigyan mo 800 pesos after nya tignan.

sila kasi nakaka alam kung maayos at orig ang piesa na sinalpak ng friend mo.

pag na-go ahead ng mekaniko, go for it! issues lang naman nyan ay yung conversion, bukod dun, it's a great car. oh, and the fact na alam lahat ng tao na converted yung unit mo... malayo ka pa lang natatakam na mga mekaniko sa iyo kasi alam nila na malaki ang kikitain nila sayo dahil isisisi nila sa conversion lahat ng problema ng kotse mo (trust me, i knoww).

as for the engine... hmm.... maybe d15b or better. marami piesa yan dito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as long as ok conversion and orig lahat ng parts there's nothing to worry about. marami naman reputable shops para sa conversion. research research lang. and expect na gagastusan talaga yung conversion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need help about ek4(hatchback)