New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    can i ask for help in replacing the stock muffler of my civic vti 05, a/t. i plan to upgrade it. just a little modification, will the hp of the car would also be affected? Can you recommend for reliable shops.. im in between makati and manila. near La Salle...(how much would it cost me for the upgrading/replacement) thank you...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Replacing a stock muffler with an aftermarket will not affect the HP. of your car . It also depend on what muffler to choose the difference is the sound if you want loud or not depend on the design of the muffler inside.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get a JASMA certified chamber mufflers. deep, bassy tone = WIN.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    salamat sa mga reply sir. how much should i prepare if i choose the jasma type? any other mufflers that are good? usually sa mga car shops you can buy. i would like to buy sana then kasama na yung paglalagay. instead of buying ing blade or concorde.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JASMA spec mufflers should set you back around 6-8k (2nd hand), depending on condition... You can have it installed at your suking muffler shop for mga 500 siguro. Kadalasan, surplus shops don't do muffler installs.

muffler for 05 civic