The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info. OMG mahilig pa naman ako tumapak sa brakes waaaah

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    +1 yung post ni mbeige.

naging discussion yan sa isang thread dito, di ko lang mahanap. also sa forum ng honda club.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    "Sunog" - meaning overheated brakes, causing brake malfunction - mawawalan ng kapit yung "clamps" sa disks.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel18 View Post
    mga tsikoteers, help naman..

Ang gamit ko 96' Honda Civic AT VTi.. medyo mataas n kasi gasolina ngaun eh kaya gumagawa na lng ako ng paraan makatipid.

Masama b mag shift ng Neutral habang tumatakbo ng mabilis ang kotse tapos lagay ko ulit s drive(D4) kpag kelangan ko na tapakan ung gas?.. tingin ko nman nakakatipid kaso ang takot ko lang baka naman masira ung transmission ko.

thanks
    Kaya pala ang daming problema na A/T diyan dahil ginagawa niyong manual ang auto tranny. This is a lesson into any driver w/ auto tranny, to read your operation manual before getting into that wheel. Driving a car is not about left or right, its an arts.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The first thing the SA and technicians told me about conventional ATs is that you never shift while the vehicle is moving. Always come to a dead stop when you want to shift from D to L1, or from D to N.

Even with a manual mode, I was told not to shift from any forward gear to N while moving.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I know my car's manual even recommends "sporty driving habits" if desired by manually shifting gears with the A/T. Maybe he was just playing it safe by tell you that in order to prevent owners from over revving the engine. It can happen if you're not careful.

Of course, D to N can only be completely safely done at a stop, because if you suddenly had the need to shift back into D, doing so on the fly will definitely hurt your engine and transmission. Shifting from D to L1 should be fine - just read your owner's manual, practice shifting first so you know at what RPM the engine spins at what given speed so you can gauge if you're going to over rev the engine if you shift to a lower gear manually.

Drive safely.

yup damaging sa AT pag shift ka to N from D on high speed, sa manual ok lang.. but the down side is, if there is a sudden emergency di ka agad makakaalis at baka makalimutan mong nasa N ka.. pag tapak mo sa gas, di bumilis as you need it..

delicado!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    sa m/t ok lang kaya lang walang engine brake.. so medyo delikado talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^^ sa m/t engine braking is done by downshifting same as with a/t

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    engine braking is using the engine to slow down the car. sa AT, pag downhill ka, downshift mo to 3 or 2 para magslow down without using your brakes. Useful for steep long downhill descents like going down baguio. Kasi pag lagi kang nakatapak sa brakes sunog yun bago ka makababa sa baguio.
    Wow! Sakto ang reply na toh kasi pupunta ako sa baguio next week. Now i know engine breaking. Hahaha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Masama ba mag shift s neutral in high speed?