New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    correct and you can also PM Ghost Hunter if you need more info. He converted two of his vehicles (mazda and toyota) to LPG.
    Currently our family has currently converted five vehicles to use auto-LPG. This doesn't include family friends who have followed us in converting their cars to auto-LPG as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    I need to know something. Pag na gawa ko na LGP based ang CRV 2nd gen ko and next year I plan to sell it, can I remove the LGP attachments and would it would back to original indistinguisable? Can the buyers tell if it was used on LGP previously?
    Based on an SGI-LPG kit in a 2nd gen CRV, the installer will need to drill two holes to pass the fuel lines through and bolt down the tank. Assuming its a donut tank installation, it would be through the floor under the picnic table. If the floor has pre-drilled holes, the LPG installer with use those.

LPG fillers are typically installed under the bumper for CRVs so no cutting to install this.

SGI-LPG kits need to drill a hole in every intake manifold running to attach the LPG injector feed hoses. When removed, the holes can be sealed using a screw cap.

In the end, only the engine intake manifold will be the obvious sign that the vehicle has previously fitted with auto-LPG. Even then it would take a very meticulous buyer with close familiarity for the CRV's engine to spot it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I got contacted by Sharon and Big Mike.... Thank you po sa inyo dalawa. I will be there last week of May so Expect me to pay you guys a visit to see the options I have. Thank you din po sa mga nagreply.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Petrol (or gasoline) already has an existing distribution and retail infrastructure. It has taken decades for it to reach to it's current level. Auto-LPG has been in the local market for less than five years. Distribution is still limited to the metro areas (like Metro Manila and Metro Cebu).

Typical drawback of LPG converted cars is the smaller trunk space or the displaced spare tire (depending on the type of tank you get).

In other countries, auto companies are selling CNG or LPG enabled brand new vehicles complete with factory warranties. It would only require us to have enough people willing to buy cars factory fitted with LPG systems to get car companies to have them made that way. Unfortunately people like pinoys are often too conservative and suspicious of technology foreign to them (even if it's already proven it worth in other countries).

- Thanks po sir ghosthunter for that very informative reply... thanks very much ulit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
LPG on Honda?