New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    sir, estimate niyo, how much will this all in all cost? tia!
    I don't know sa Honda City. On my ride (adventure), nasa 10k kasama labor (water pump not replaced). Nasa ganun ang price. Pa-estimate niyo na rin po sa CASA.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree ako sa keeping the city. i think the only time you'll have to replace it with another 2nd hand unit is if you need a different vehicle altogether like a pickup, van, auv or suv. otherwise, brand new ang logical replacement.

sure, ride quality and that little difference in space is noticeable when you 'upgrade' to a compact sedan. but the maintenance could be a headache since you'd be starting from scratch and guessing what will fail or needs replacement next. add to that the expected increase in fuel consumption. IMHO

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    timing belt original 1k
    water pump japan 900
    tensioner bearing koyo 600
    cam and crankshaft oil seal original 200 each
    i bought everything from nisparts-banawe tel 7421531

labor: honda spa mindanao ave 3,050
    speedy fix 1,800

last monday lang ako nagpalit sir (DIY)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006

timing belt 1,000 original
    tensioner bearing 600 japan
    cam and crank shaft bearing 200/ea original
    water pump 900 japan
    i bought everything from NISPARTS-banawe tel.7421531 look for arnel

labor: honda spa mindanao ave 3,050 tel.9832898
    speedyfix shaw blvd 1,800 tel.7174202
    i just replaced mine last Monday (DIY), we have the same brand of cars sir

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    timing belt 1,000 original
    tensioner bearing 600 japan
    cam and crank shaft bearing 200/ea original
    water pump 900 japan
    i bought everything from NISPARTS-banawe tel.7421531 look for arnel

labor: honda spa mindanao ave 3,050 tel.9832898
    speedyfix shaw blvd 1,800 tel.7174202
    i just replaced mine last Monday (DIY), we have the same brand of cars sir
    sir lancer5790, super big help to... the thing is though, i'm not really kwowledgable pa when it comes to car parts, so baka if i go sa mga stores to buy the parts, i wouldnt know if theyre any good, value for money or what..

i've been hearing a lot about honda spa.. and from the name pa lang, obvious na it specializes sa honda cars..cheaper pa dun than sa honda casa? ever since kasi sa honda casa ang maintenance ng car e..

as for speedyfix, nagspecialize ba sila sa honda cars? laki ng difference ah, and shaw blvd is way nearer to my place than honda spa.. but if the service is comparable naman sa casa and/or sa honda spa, why not?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir lancer5790, super big help to... the thing is though, i'm not really kwowledgable pa when it comes to car parts, so baka if i go sa mga stores to buy the parts, i wouldnt know if theyre any good, value for money or what..

i've been hearing a lot about honda spa.. and from the name pa lang, obvious na it specializes sa honda cars..cheaper pa dun than sa honda casa? ever since kasi sa honda casa ang maintenance ng car e..

as for speedyfix, nagspecialize ba sila sa honda cars? laki ng difference ah, and shaw blvd is way nearer to my place than honda spa.. but if the service is comparable naman sa casa and/or sa honda spa, why not?
    like ive said, i DIY replacing my timing belts. obviously it's not a big deal and not complicated at all(the way i see it). then 100% speedfix can handle this with no sweat at all...yes, somehow they are good at hondas too.i have so many friends who had their honda taken cared by speedyfix.regarding the parts, ask for arnel from nisparts and he will assist you with genuine parts...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006

as ive said, I DIY replacing my timing belts. so obviously, thats' not a very complicated procedure (the way i see it though).so then speedyfix can do it with your car with no sweat at all. yes, speedyfix is good at honda repairs (my firends had their hondas take care by speedyfix) and at par with honda spa.you can call casas to compare their prices.
    regarding the parts, look for arnel at nisparts and he will assist you with genuine parts. i've tested and trusted him for so long...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks guys...i really appreciate your opinion..

if i'll keep and maintain, what should i be doing to my car now.current mileage is 110k..someone said i should change the timing belt???

if ill sell now, whats the best car and mileage can i get for a budget of lets say 300-380k?

thanks

sir, pa check mo muna, kasi yung city ko timing chain... M/T yung sa akin... baka pag A/T chain type din (pa verify na lang mga gurus) ... alaga lang sa oil change katapat pag chain type nga....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skyglider View Post
    sir, pa check mo muna, kasi yung city ko timing chain... M/T yung sa akin... baka pag A/T chain type din (pa verify na lang mga gurus) ... alaga lang sa oil change katapat pag chain type nga....
    A/T rin sa akin sir and timing BELT gamit...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ang alam ko sa Honda City is timing gear. Hindi siya timing belt. Double check din baka mali ako.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
keep well maintained city? or buy a 2nd hand unit?