New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi Guys, newbie here, i just want to get your opinion on something.

I currently have 1 Honda City 1.3 AT whose mileage is above 100k already. Its casa maintained and still has a smooth ride..

I have a new job, and my job requires me to go around the metro to visit clients.

Do you think i should sell my Honda City (maximize its value now), and buy a "newer" 2nd hand unit like a Honda City with less mileage? Altis 02-04? Or, should i just keep my current car and just continue to maintain it?

Hope you guys can help me out

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Keep and maintain... Unless brand new bibilin mo, getting another 2nd hand even though of lower mileage for me does not make sense...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Keep and maintain... Unless brand new bibilin mo, getting another 2nd hand even though of lower mileage for me does not make sense...
    hi. thanks for this.. actually, among my friends halo halo opinion e..same yung thoughts ng iba kong friends with urs... yung mga pro "benta" buying a 2nd hand car like an altis 1.6 e or G would be considered an upgrade daw.. and ill be able to maintain it pa rin, yun nga lang, kailangan daw i find a well maintained 2nd hand altis sana..

thanks again

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you are keen on buying a pre-owned car,- just be certain that it was well-maintained too and the mileage is accurate.... You could end up in a worse situation.....

10.1K:mop:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    all I can say, keep your City. Why? Alam mo ang sakit or dapat palitan sa car mo dahil it served you for years. Yung upgrade na sinasabi mo, malamang ang makuha mo pa yung hindi well maintained at hindi mo pa alam kung ano ang mga sakit nang sasakyan na makukuha mo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've owned a city and it's not something i'd like to be sitting and driving in for long periods of time in manila traffic.

i say upgrade ka na. there are bigger, newer 2nd cars around. like the altis or the 01-04 civics. those babies are a lot more comfy, believe me. plus the increase in space means you can carry people and gear better than the city. fuel consumption will be about the same.

i also suggest you get an automatic. automatics now are so much better than say, 20 years ago na talagang laklak sa gasolina.

you're right dun sa resale value. medyo mahal ang mga city ngayon. use this to your advantage.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    keep the city. sure ka sa history ng car na iyan at alam mo na naalagaan ng mabuti.

kung gusto ng palitan, i would recommend to get a new one para potentially less problems.

since most of the time city driving, A/T is very nice.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thanks guys...i really appreciate your opinion..

if i'll keep and maintain, what should i be doing to my car now.current mileage is 110k..someone said i should change the timing belt???

if ill sell now, whats the best car and mileage can i get for a budget of lets say 300-380k?

thanks

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    thanks guys...i really appreciate your opinion..

if i'll keep and maintain, what should i be doing to my car now.current mileage is 110k..someone said i should change the timing belt???

if ill sell now, whats the best car and mileage can i get for a budget of lets say 300-380k?

thanks
    whoa, hindi pa pala napapalitan timing belt iyan? unahin niyo po muna iyong timing belt package. (timing belt, tensioner bearings, oil seals, water pump kung may budget etc)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    whoa, hindi pa pala napapalitan timing belt iyan? unahin niyo po muna iyong timing belt package. (timing belt, tensioner bearings, oil seals, water pump kung may budget etc)
    sir, estimate niyo, how much will this all in all cost? tia!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
keep well maintained city? or buy a 2nd hand unit?