New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Read the User's Manual and you may find the answer in there.
    On it po.

Will appreciate it more if you can direct me to the particular subject or page, so I can save time rummaging thru the pages.

Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jupe View Post
    The Jazz is made in Thailand, right?! Is this good or bad?

I'm just wondering whether my car hasn't met an idiot that is me yet. He he he he
    Your car is NOT made during the 1950s.

Nothing will get broken. Stop worrying!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The only time the starter will NOT crank is when the shifter is on any of the forward or reverse gears. It should start in either P or N.

What you've experienced (cranking in N but the engine did not start) is not uncommon. As I've noticed in my brother's 09 Jazz 1.5 is that the engine sometimes takes a bit more cranking than usual before it starts. That said, it should't matter if you are in P or N.

If you still encounter continuous cranking, check if the immobilizer indicator is blinking.
    This is most helpful. Thank you po.

Just a quick follow-up: You mean I should have been able to start the engine, even when in N? 'Coz it didn't.

But, the engine started without problem when I shifted the lever to P.

The battery (and all else) shouldn't be a factor 'coz the car is only 3-weeks old.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jupe View Post
    This is most helpful. Thank you po.

Just a quick follow-up: You mean I should have been able to start the engine, even when in N? 'Coz it didn't.

But, the engine started without problem when I shifted the lever to P.

The battery (and all else) shouldn't be a factor 'coz the car is only 3-weeks old.

Thanks again.
    I'm pretty sure it should start in N. That's how it is on my Civic. I may be wrong, though, as it may not be the exact case on the Jazz. I'll test this theory on my brother's Jazz when I get a chance.

EDIT: Ok, just tried it out. I can confirm that our Jazz does indeed start in N.
    Last edited by oj88; August 4th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Since your vehicle is probably still under warranty I would suggest to ask this to Honda when you get your regular service, from what I know it should start in Neutral, and the only time you might now be able to remove the key is if steering wheel is locked. Maybe the steering wheel got locked preventing you to remove the key and start the engine?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Since your vehicle is probably still under warranty I would suggest to ask this to Honda when you get your regular service, from what I know it should start in Neutral, and the only time you might now be able to remove the key is if steering wheel is locked. Maybe the steering wheel got locked preventing you to remove the key and start the engine?
    It has already been established that the only way to remove the key is when the shifter is in Park. It is not a defect.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it should start in N. That's how it is on my Civic. I may be wrong, though, as it may not be the exact case on the Jazz. I'll test this theory on my brother's Jazz when I get a chance.

EDIT: Ok, just tried it out. I can confirm that our Jazz does indeed start in N.
    This is reassuring. Thanks so much po talaga. Feel so relieved from the guilt caused by my carelessness.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Thanks po. Will do ask Honda on my scheduled PMS.

I still opted to post here, 'coz I had hoped for feedback/s from actual users.

A technical opinion is one thing. Actual experience is another... and is better.

Sometimes machines behave in ways that technicians say they shouldn't do, specially when these machines experience non-normal / out-of-the-books operation.

Thanks again po.
    Last edited by jupe; August 4th, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: To make clearer

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It's not a bug. It's a feature!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks, everyone, for pitching in.

Appreciate it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How fragile is the electrical circuitry of the 2013 Jazz Automatic?