New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    what does FD stand for? sorry, no knowledge about Honda vehicles at all.
    AFAIK it is the Body code or Chassis Code (if I'm not mistaken of the Honda Civic unit. )

For me, just keep the SiR, since it is all stock, why don't you start to modify it? Put performance filter, Upgrade Cams, etc. Siguro naman pag na-upgrade mo yan, kayang-kaya sumabay niyan sa FD. SiR yan e, baka makatikim sila ng BiTEK..BiTEK...courtesy Honda SiR. Lam mo ba ang daming nagpapatrade in ng kanilang auto to an SiR, meron ako kakilala, He is ready to trade his Acura Integra 1998 to an SiR.

yes, soon to be classic. preserve it please.

dude, you can also check this website, they offer various services and product to upgrade the performance of your machine, Hope you can get also an idea from these professionals

http://www.speedlab.com.ph
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; April 22nd, 2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add info

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    what does FD stand for? sorry, no knowledge about Honda vehicles at all.
    Uhh, it's simply a designation or "code name" for the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As for the thread, I'd simply leave it stock. Stock SiRs are hard to come by now since most of them are modded already. It would be nostalgic once properly maintained and you show it to car shows in 2030 or something..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Uhh, it's simply a designation or "code name" for the Civic.
    Uhh, thanks for clarifying

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kung may molah lang bro FD ako
    if you want it classic SIR ako.. SIR has been noted for its racing figure since it came out in the market circa 1996-2000

sayang batakin ng FD for racing ahehe kakahinayang.. pero yan SIR nyo sir.. i mod na yan to the maxx papahirapan nyan ang isang FD sa hatawan

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpianist View Post
    my dad decided to use ordinary oils and change it every 3 months.
    malamang mineral oil yan. pa diagnose mo na yan sa reputable shop para makakuha ka rin ng feedback bago ka upgrade ng i/h/e and piggybank kung kaya ng budget.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    my dad decided to use ordinary oils and change it every 3 months. baka un din ung cause ng pigil ng takbo?
    just to clarify: there's no harm in using ordinary oil, just make sure you use the right oil for your car. The only down side of using this oil is that it breaks down faster than synthetic oil. I am not sure about the details of synth oil, what additives it has to protect your engine and etc., but the point is, you will not need to change it until, perhaps 10k km. BTW, 3k km is way too short of a distance for scheduled oil change. That's money down the drain.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    As for the thread, I'd simply leave it stock. Stock SiRs are hard to come by now since most of them are modded already. It would be nostalgic once properly maintained and you show it to car shows in 2030 or something..
    Also to mention, stock SiR's are more expensive than their modded counterparts nowadays.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I currently have Honda SiR but i'm planning to sell and buy Honda FD. is it a good buy? Is FD faster than SiR? how much faster?

what do you think?
    should I sell my SiR or should I mod my SiR and upgrade the speed to the limit?
    or buy FD and mod it?

hard decision here.

my SiR is all stock btw.
    bro, i'm selling my FD 2.0s 2007 model baka gusto mo you can send message for details.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The SiR is the faster car, compared to all 1.8/2.0L civics being sold here (exception are the rare USDM Si and the JDM/EDM Type-Rs)

Pero pagdating sa interior, FD ang panalo, in terms of build, space and safety features.

The question is, ano ba talaga gusto mo sa kotse. I personally say, save up and wait for the next gen cars nalang. Luma na yung FD hehe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda SiR vs Honda FD