New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    is using unleaded fuel ok for honda SiR? if not then ano ba dapat gas for SiR? just got my new car and actually its my first gasoline car ever. any inputs would be great. thx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all fuels sold in the philippines are unleaded. may variants nga lang sila.
    and imho, the SIR will even work on E10, medyo affected nga lang ang acceleration mo.

if you can afford it, go for the highest octane.... para di sayang ang ooomph..
    pero if you are not, unleaded and E10 can do.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we dont have e10 here in cebu. im using shell super unleaded right now and im ok with it coz mas matipid sya d gaya ng super premium na ang bilis maubos ng gas. i stil hav to try petron xtra unleaded and xcs. hav no plans to feed her with caltex or the top gas of petron and shell except cguro kung plano mag rezing rezing hehe thx

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    required octane rating ng sir is 95. im using petron xcs with 95 octane

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ahh so this means that i refrain in using unleaded? ano ba epekto sa unleaded sa kotse ko? ano ba effects kaya? thanks for the info ill shift to xcs na

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardinas View Post
    ahh so this means that i refrain in using unleaded? ano ba epekto sa unleaded sa kotse ko? ano ba effects kaya? thanks for the info ill shift to xcs na
    as mentioned above, all gasoline fuel available here in our country are unleaded. they just differ in octane ratings.
    there have been a lot of comparisons here regardng xcs and the more cheaper fuel, they get more mileage with xcs.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardinas View Post
    AFAIK, you can continue using the unleaded. 93 octane naman yun.

But if you really want to squeeze the performance out of the engine, use the 95-octane.

If the questing really still bugs you, check the car's manual.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; April 16th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sabi samin ng casa 95 octane nfa daw. And also e10 is not applicable for the sir. Tinry ko yun dati nung bago lang ang e10, nawala sa timing yung oto and parang nagka tope yung makina. Anyway I'm using xcs now. Although hinala ko hindi naman talaga 95 octane yun kasi yung agwat ng v-power at xcs anlaki.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    im using vpower now on my sir. thx for your info i stop using unleaded kaya pala hina ng hatak at lakas sa gas. salamat naman at ok pa din naman ung makina ko.btw ano ba yong tope na sinasabi nyo? i got good fc and descent power using vpower shell boy kasi ako

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Di pa ba unleaded ang V-Power? Di ba lahat ng gas unleaded na? Ako shell e-10 lang gamit ko sa jazz ko wala difference sa FC pag na compute ako. Project 8 qc to alabang yung trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda SiR fuel?