New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sana nga yung smaller Odyssey nilabas din nila hehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmm? If I remember they sold the Pilot na before diba? Parang natatandaan ko seeing them sa sulitcars pero super tagal na.. mga 2010?

In any case, I actually like the Pilot. It's my aunt's daily drive sa Canada. But the price here is literal BS... so I'd rather spend for an EXPLORER

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Sana nga yung smaller Odyssey nilabas din nila hehe.
    You will be surprised once you drive the USDM odyssey.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    This news is totally off most outsiders or onlookers of the industry.

Honda brings back the Pilot - Auto News

Honda launches the all new Odyssey - Auto News

I got a feeling Honda is going to fail miserably again, esp. with the Pilot. Can't really blame Honda Phil for bringing in these kind of products to sell here since it looks like they are so busy plugging here and there the many and multiplying holes in their about to capsize ship.

Sure there is a market (albeit a small one) for large American sized minivan in places like Forbes, Dasma, Corinthians, AAV, etc..

The Odyssey EX-L starts at USD$ 35,025 (MSRP) which about 1,513,430.4 Php. Part of the problem our country's taxation system.
    Last edited by number001; June 6th, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Problem... It comes from the US, hence the huge price. the Odyssey is really just Previa level, and should sell for just 2.2m... At 2.8m, it's not going to find many buyers.

Honda is doing well with the Civic, but their brand halo was never able to make the Pilot sell. It'll probably be much the same story with e Odyssey.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    OT: Considering the 1.074M price tag, sobrang mabenta pa rin ng FB Civic. There's more of it than the Cruze, Soul, Focus, Lancer EX, and all other compacts sans the Elantra and Corolla.

BTT: The Odyssey will compete not only with the Previa and the Alphard, but with the cheaper and more practical Starex. Also, hindi rin mabenta dito yung idea of a premium MPV. After all, Filipinos tend to look up more to SUVs (hence the runaway success of the MS and Fort).

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think Honda is headed for another back to back flops. The Pilot is simply too bland for 2.6M, there are lots of better SUV's out there at that price point and for 2.6M being the practical me, I'd buy a pair of entry level SUV's, a Fortuner and a Montero Sport. As for the Odyssey, its just plain ugly as I saw it on a recent US trip, its main competitor in the US, the Toyota Sienna looks much much better. Here in the Philippines, its set to go against the Alphard which is a much better van IMHO. I don't see a lot of Filipinos forking out 2.8M for a van, thats why the Grand Starex still sells like hot cakes.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    If honda don't even try, they already failed. It's good that honda is attempting to do it since there's a small market that can be grabbed. If they fail in the philippines for these new vehicles, then they failed trying. Nothing wrong with that. But as an odyssey owner, i will recommend it especially the touring elite for it has thebest mpg on its class.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ito na lang kesa sa usdm odyssey

Last edited by ozcity; June 7th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    If honda don't even try, they already failed. It's good that honda is attempting to do it since there's a small market that can be grabbed. If they fail in the philippines for these new vehicles, then they failed trying. Nothing wrong with that. But as an odyssey owner, i will recommend it especially the touring elite for it has thebest mpg on its class.
    The market has already been grabbed.

People who want an MPV for over 2m have the Previa... which competes directly with they Odyssey... for half a million less and the Alphard (which is much bigger and comes with a V6... and drives and rides spectacularly) for around the same price.

And yet... the Grand Starex outsells them both. People even buy the ridiculously expensive Limo version, because it has a diesel engine, a tallboy roof and a crapload of space.

The Odyssey is just too expensive and too small to justify the price-tag. They would have been better served by bringing in Asian-produced models like the Stream... but since they don't have LHD variants (and Honda Taiwan doesn't seem interested in building them), Honda is stuck bringing in US-made models.

Which, as shown by the last time they brought the Pilot in... is a recipe for disaster. It didn't sell well, and it had a negative effect on brand image.
    Last edited by niky; June 7th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast