New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi sirs,

I've recently grown fond of using the car to watch movies. It's pretty relaxing in there when you're just parked somewhere.

I use my trusty PSP and just hookup the audio to the aux of the car. Of course i turn off the engine cause i don't want to waste fuel while watching a movie I just leave the key there so i can still use the speakers..

I've been wondering if there are any problems with doing this like 2x a week..

(I'm concerned about the battery discharging etc.. )

thanks mga sirs

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No problem really as long as your battery and electrical system are in good order. Just don't play at max volume.

You can see how many minutes of reserve capacity your battery has, it's printed on top of the battery case. That is the amount of time the car can run with all the accessories on should a total failure of the alternator occur.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    No problem really as long as your battery and electrical system are in good order. Just don't play at max volume.

You can see how many minutes of reserve capacity your battery has, it's printed on top of the battery case. That is the amount of time the car can run with all the accessories on should a total failure of the alternator occur.

Correct!:chopper:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pero huwag kumpiyansa.

baka hindi na mag start ang engine mo due to drained out battery.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    OO NGA... MAG EARPHONES KA NLANG PARA SURE...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks mga sirs.

*sohc_teejay, *s_quilicot yeah, kaso pano naman ung kasama ko hehe.. mas masarap kasi mag hangout at manood sa car hehe ^^ walang storbo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysondin87 View Post
    thanks mga sirs.

*sohc_teejay, *s_quilicot yeah, kaso pano naman ung kasama ko hehe.. mas masarap kasi mag hangout at manood sa car hehe ^^ walang storbo
    bili ka ng voltmeter na pwede lagay don sa may lighter para mamonitor mo yung battery mo kung kelan mo na kelangan mag start ulit ng kotse para ma recharge. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yep, bili ka ng plug-in voltmeter nalang. if your normal battery is 12.6-12.8 volts. don't let it drop 12.3.

but for a worn-out battery. voltmeter are insignificant. kahit naka 12.8 volts yan after engine was running and turned off, it could still NOT start on you when you click the next time.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Under normal conditions,- kayang-kaya iyan ng iyong battery. Wala namang subwoofer, di ba?....

7303:soda:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *rion,*flakez cool idea! cge cge biili ako! pero hehe cguro nde ko na lang aabusuhin ang panonood ng movie dun

*CVT, yep sir wala pong subs. all stock! takot ata ako mavoid ang warranty!

Thanks uli sirs

using audio system with engine off