New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    just make sure to bring coolants, brake fluids, towing ropes, tools and reseved tire is properly inflated. OE manufacturers tortured the car first before releasing them: 2 days straight driving..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    I used to have a honda jazz 1.3 cvt. Honestly, I don't like it for very long drives (more than 5 hours). The short wheelbase make it not so comfortable (jumps easily on bumps). My longest drive with it is down south to Catarman, Northern Samar. Power is no problem, but it becomes pitiful when encountering road cuts (frequent in bicol area). Lucena, Subic, Zambales, Baguio travel would be just fine.
    wow! umabot ka ng northern samar w/ your jazz? grabe! kinaya ng auto mo iyong freakish bicol roads!?? kami nga we went to rawis, northern samar ( an hour or two further down the road) last summer in a nissan van and man, was i plastered and i wasn't even the one driving!

it's true though, the jazz's suspenion is bit tough when the car is not packed. but some owners/enthusiasts say a little tweaking (on its suspension) will soften things up a bit and remedy the so-called harsh ride

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My wife has a 2004 1.3 CVT Honda jazz. We brought it to baguio more than 30 times already.Texas Instruments was one of her clients. No problem whatsover. Very responsive and fast. Powerwise, I'd say more than enough. You just have to know how to properly use the CVT. We usually bring along our two kids and with the rears seats folded flat they just sleep all the way there. Through all kinds of weather yan. There was even a time we passed by Kennon road at 10 pm typhoon and all. My kids didn't even noticed the raging storm outside. But I just noticed medyo mahina liwanag ng headlights better install proper foglights kapag long drives saka yung NLEX at 1 am super nakakaantok mag drive. Kaya etong jazz 68k na mileage 3 yrs. old pa lang.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    yun ngang Kia Pride kayang-kaya ang manila to isabela (8-10 hrs.) yan pa kayang Honda Jazz.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't like the seats of the Jazz... it's too stiff and lacks lumbar support.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    any news when the all new jazz will land our shores? i called honda dagupan(pinaka malapit kasi samin) sabi march daw... can anyone confirm this?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Guys,

We got our Jazz just this afternoon. It's nice...

I have some questions about rust proofing... Where can I find a cheap one? Budget kasi kami ngayon. Around Makati or does big berts do rust proofing?

Congrats drey...how does it drive? what variant did u get? how much na. may discount ba cla ngayn? and regarding rust proofing. i don't think its necessary kasi meron naman yan fm. the factory. u only need it cguro if u drive ur car on the beach or in snow areas (with road salt) i don't see that happening for 99% of pinoys. so save ur money and leave it as is....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I drive a 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S with the manual gearbox.

It's actually surprising how this car generates its max torque from very low RPM---this should silence Honda haters that say their engines don't make any torque. As such it's a very good car for twisty roads, matched to a firm stock suspension.

The twin-spark Jazz suffers when going faster than 120 km/h though. Not only does its 82HP become insufficient for very high speeds, it also gets a lot thirstier. For this kind of running the VTEC Jazz will suit you better.

Best fuel economy I got was achieved with a drive from C5 to Baliwag, Bulacan, then back. The Jazz hummed along the NLEX at 100 km/h, overtook a lot of cars going to Baliwag town proper, then overtook more cars on NLEX southbound at 120 km/h.

I made 28.024 km/L!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I took my Jazz 1.3S MT to Subic this summer. I had a full load of people with me and their gear. Okey naman siya, yun nga lang medyo hirap sa mahabang diretsong akyatan, so I suggest avoiding Marcos Highway if you're going to Baguio.

I avoided the SBMA area and took the twisty Olongapo mountain route. It was fantastic to drive! For such twisty mountain roads the engine and suspension are well-matched.

For overtaking and cruising at 100-120 km/h, the twin-spark 1.3L engine is sufficient; you have to remember that its max torque is developed at 2800 RPM.

It's in those full-speed 150+ km/h banzai runs that the VTEC Jazz has an edge. I've taken mine to 155 km/h, but it's a noticeable strain on the drivetrain...not to mention very heavy on the fuel

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sometimes, I dont feel good sitting in the Jazz. Sumasakit ang likod ko.

Honda Jazz [Merged]