New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Avoid the previous model Jazz/City with the CVT A/T. The tranny tends to have problems (premature wear).

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thank you po mga sir, puso ko kc nasa 2.0 kaso si kumander nasa 1.3, kaya ako nahihirapan mamili dahil gift lang sakin itong car kaya gusto ko yung mahal na kaso hindi ko sure kung kaya ko yung 2.0 fc. pero atleast now masuunahin ko na yung comfort, so susundin ko na puso ko hehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Comfort...hmmm good point. Dyan tayo magkakatalo.

I replaced my Jazz's front seats with Recaro SRDs because I wanted better lumbar and thigh support. The stock seats just don't have it, period. A lot depends on the driver of course and how well he/she fits into the seat, but me I consider the expense for the better seats well worth it.

You can probably take breaks every two hours to stretch your legs and back.

Before I had the seats I "cheated" by sitting as far away from the wheel as I could while still having a good grip on the controls, then sitting as upright as possible. This helps thigh support a bit but is no match for a physically longer seat squab.

Just sharing my experience.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I drive a 09 1.5E City weekly from Manila to Batangas. FC is around 12.5 km/L per trip computer. Have not tried doing manual computation. Grabe ang traffic due to skyway construction.

I have not driven the 1.3 but I'm verry happy with my City.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leonzki View Post
    thank you po mga sir, puso ko kc nasa 2.0 kaso si kumander nasa 1.3, kaya ako nahihirapan mamili dahil gift lang sakin itong car kaya gusto ko yung mahal na kaso hindi ko sure kung kaya ko yung 2.0 fc. pero atleast now masuunahin ko na yung comfort, so susundin ko na puso ko hehe
    normal, non racing type driving on two cars with 1.5 and 2.0 regular fuel injected engines will yield almost very similar fuel consumption figures (assuming both engines are well maintained). the big difference is in the torque... mor torque, less engine work required to move the car. less engine work = better mileage. thats also why a v6 f-150 will have about the same FC as a v8 f-150.

in the end, nasa nagddrive yan. engine technology has come a long way since the 80s, nung dati ramdam mo talaga yung consumo ng 2 door macho vs. 1.4 na corolla, ngayon, it doesnt matter na whether you drive a 1.1L or a 2.0L (my post grad professor always complains that his getz gets only 6 km/l, sometimes less). modern jap cars in the 1.6-2.0 range should always get a minimum of 8 km/l, the more the better... if people get lower mileage, then its almost always their fault (bad driving, bad maintenance, etc..).

my advice? get the biggest, most comfy 2.0 you can comfortably handle. no sense in saving a few liters of fuel after a 100 km drive only to feel like your back and buns have been paddled by 4 groups of fraternity fratboys.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Avoid the previous model Jazz/City with the CVT A/T. The tranny tends to have problems (premature wear).

IMO, like other cars, there are lemons....

My 2005 1.3L iDSI CVT just keeps on going... No problem so far.....

8303:dishwash:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    2007 Honda Jazz CVT ang ka convoy ko pa Legaspi. OK naman. Artificially lowered ang Jazz kasi loaded ng 5 tao plus stuff.
    Last edited by meledson; July 27th, 2009 at 12:07 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    CVTs are fine. The fastest cars in an all-Jazz and all-City trackday last April all had CVTs and they ran fine afterward. If that doesn't spell abuse I don't know what does.

Oh wait, I do: You'd have to put 120 WHP through the CVT to wear its clutch packs out to the point that it's unusable.

Maintenance lang ang katapat nyan. Honda ATF-Z1 fluid is a CVT's best friend

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Models
    The Fit is sold in 6 variations. All Fit/Jazz models throughout the world utilize one of 7 or more distinct codes. They are found in the vehicle’s identification number (VIN):

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by highway_stud View Post
    Models
    The Fit is sold in 6 variations. All Fit/Jazz models throughout the world utilize one of 7 or more distinct codes. They are found in the vehicle’s identification number (VIN):
    That list is incorrect.

GD1 = 1.3 2WD worldwide
    GD2 = 1.3 4WD Japan
    GD3 = 1.5 2WD worldwide, all US
    GD4 = 1.5 4WD Japan

GD6-9 are codes used for the Honda City, aka the Fit Aria sedan.

GD6 = 1.3 2WD
    GD7 = 1.3 4WD
    GD8 = 1.5 2WD
    GD9 = 1.5 4WD

Besides what does this have to do with the topic?
    Last edited by Type 100; July 27th, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
honda jazz or city 1.3 long distance driving