New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    tatanong lang po kung ok bang pang long distance yung jazz or city na 1.3

kc po dapat lancer ex 2.0 bibilhin kong car kaso sabi ng asawa ko jazz na lang daw or city

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The power deficit between the Jazz 1.3 and 1.5 isn't really that big considering our road conditions.

In the U.S., The Honda Fit (what the Jazz is called over there) has no problem running on the freeway all day long.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ayos naman.

I've been to Subic and Tagaytay on my Jazz. Just make sure you keep your hands on the wheel. On the highway, the Jazz and City are both susceptible to crosswinds blowing them a little sideways, due to the tall slab-sided profile. This includes the "wash" that comes off the sides of buses and trucks as they pass you.

When you get to bumpy roads you'll want to slow down and take it one rut at a time. The Jazz and City have low ride height as stock. The Jazz has the firmer ride, too, vs. the City.

If you're a careful driver I don't see any reason why the Jazz and City aren't good cruisers.

Best of all the Jazz is ridiculously thrifty on gas. I don't drive for economy but my worst long-drive fuel economy is 14.4 km/L. I regularly see 16-18 km/L on my 16" wheels. Best? 28.024 km/L. This is with stock 14" wheels, A/C on and driving along at 100-120 km/h. No doubt I could have done better.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    wow parang gusto ko na nga rin yung jazz ah hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hindi ba magiging sirain pag laging pinang lolong drive ang jazz?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sirain? I don't think so. So far no problems on mine.

My last trip to Subic included timed hot laps on Subic International Raceway. The car just kept going.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leonzki View Post
    basta well-maintained yung vehicle, like yung proper change oil intervals.

*leonzki
    yung long drive ko palang is a 4 hours drive to central luzon, wala naman naging problem w/ the jazz 1.3. yung pag overtake lang ng mga bus & long trucks ang naging problem ko, need talaga ng really high revving to overtake them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Kung lagi kang long drive... Lancer EX ang ok...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    medyo nagulat ako sa fuel mileage ng jazz mo sir ha... incredible. kinda makes me want to go out and buy one na din (2nd hand lang, of course, hehehe). makes my 8-10 per liter highway cruising sa 2003 vtec ko seem poor...

my reply to the TS... you gotta factor in other things if you were to buy a car based on long distance driving reliability. you can take any car off the showroom today and drive it to subic straightaway, go back and forth, then hit bicol naman, all in one day, with no problems (yes kahit yung mga chinese cars, basta brand new).

think about things like legroom, comfy seats, plush ride, cool a/c, m/t or a/t, cabin noise while moving/idling, etc etc... from there make a list of the 5 best and then make your choice. lalo na kung 50% long ditance 50% city driving ang mangyayari... fuel economy should rank 2nd after human comfort. 3rd would be cost. 4th would be style. my personal 5 best for long distance driving (as in long, like manila to samar):

1. cefiro
    2. expedition
    3. revo
    4. civic (any model)
    5. jazz

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leonzki View Post
    Long driving is better for any car. stop and go city driving is considered worst driving condition for any car. you can check this out on your car service manual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
honda jazz or city 1.3 long distance driving